Looking for a Surgeon Who Can Lift my Face That Was Filled with Metacrill Several Years Ago.

Did see someone who said he could give me a S-lift, and lip reduction..His fee was way too high and he told me the surgery would not be long nor difficult.. Are there any cosmetic surgeons that are exceptional in their work, but are also exceptional in character? I'm a mess,need help.. I am not looking for a Surgeon to work for nothing,,but please...can anyone give me a reality based answer.. Thank you kindly.. I am in N.Y.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Facelift options after Metacril Treatment

+1

Hi Nickki,

Facelift refers to cosmetic surgery of the lower face (jowls) & neck. Although there are many different face lift procedure terms, there are really only a few different types. These basic face lift types are the SMAS, deep, or composite. Face lift may be combined with other cosmetic surgery such as a neck lift, fat transfer, or others.

The amount of tissue adjusted or tightened depends on the specific approach & the requirements of a particular patient. The minimal access or minimal incision lift that leaves a short scar is more appropriate for younger patients (less than 60) or patients with little/moderate skin aging. All of these types of face lifts are variations of SMAS lifts. Older patients or patients with severe & excess skin sagging will require a more traditional facelift procedure. By far, a majority of plastic surgeons who perform face lift surgery do a SMAS lift variation. This face lift type generally has the quickest recovery with great results.

There isn't one face lift type for all patients. Each cosmetic surgery is specific for each patient. Keep in mind, many companies or plastic surgeons may market face lifts by different names, which confuses patients. Refresh, quick, 1-step, or lifestyle are terms. There isn't any recent break through in face lift surgery. Speak to a plastic surgeon to determine which facelift is right for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/face-lift.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift after metacrill

+2

Nickki,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience in your consultation!  There are many ethical surgeons out there - but in the end, you will need to find someone who you feel 100% comfortable with.  I'm not sure what price was quoted to you - but in general, facelifts are one of the most expensive surgeries.  You should choose your surgeon based on their credentials, their work, as well as your comfort with them.  This might not be the cheapest person you find.  But when it comes to your face, I would recommend you choose these factors over price.  Regardless, the surgeon should give you realistic expectations about what can be achieved based on your individual anatomy - this may be challenging in your case since you had filler placed in it before.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Web reference: http://www.makeyouperfect.com

Fixing a face after Metacril

+2

Dear Nickki,  There certainly are quite a few plastic surgeons in the NY / NJ area.  You might have to visit several before making your decision.  Fees will vary greatly.  Many doctors charge more for correction of your type of problem as it is more difficult.  If finances are a major problem you might want to do as Dr. Mayl suggested - go to one of the training programs like the one at Montefiore Hospital and Albert Einstein Medical Centers.  There is a resident clinic there and the costs would be dramatically less.  Finally, you could also go back to the plastic surgeon who placed the metacril if it was done in the USA.  If it was done by a non physician or out of the country, that would not be a viable option.  Good luck.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

There is a good answer for patient's like you that need good care and minimal cost

+2

"Unusual issues" are welcomed at most plastic surgery teaching clinics.  After consultation usually with several highly experienced "attending" you would operated on by a resident in plastic surgery under the direct supervision of one of these attending.

You are in a major metropolitan area and probably have four of these clinics available to you.

Try it, it may fit your needs both r.e. experience and cost.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Face lift with Metacrill

+1

I understand that you want to get the best care you need but would like to do so on a budget.  You have a difficult situation and most experienced surgeons who are best qualified to help you are going to be more expensive than average

Face lift

+1

I would consult with at least 3 Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area and determine if you are comfortable with their skills, price, and character.  New York has many very qualified plastic surgeons who are some of the top in the nation.  But here in CA, we too have very highly regarded surgeons.  My advice is to stay close to home, look locally first, and then consider other options.

Web reference: http://www.elitemdspa.info/

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Facelift - Post-Metacrill; Costs

+1

There are many factors to consider with surgery and cost is one of them.  One possibility to consider is having your surgery done at a teaching center, such as Montefiore Medical Center or NYU.  In both cases, surgery is performed by senior fellows under the supervision of attending physicians.  That has proven to be an excellent solution in the past.  The Metacrill is an important issue though, and it may limit the degree of "correction" you would otherwise be able to obtain with the surgery alone.  I think that you should plan on a series of consultations with surgeons near you.  You will hopefully be able to find one who can deliver what you want - and within a price range you can live with - without too much trouble.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Looking for a face Lift surgeon

+1

You should, by all means, have paid consultations with several Face Lift surgeons with experience and good reputations.  Sadly, revision Face Lifts are more difficult to perform and the fees will most likely be higher.  IMHO do not use cost to determine who does or does not do your Face Lift but rather seek out the very best that you can afford.  there's a reason surgeons charge higher fees for their services.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Yes it can be done

+1

You are exactly right, you need to go to someone that is experienced in face lifting as well as being certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  You should see numerous consults and decide which surgeon you feel the most comfortable with. Ultimately the decision is up to you and although price is a factor it should not be the only thing that is guiding your decision making. Good Luck . Hope it helped.

Search for a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

+1

This is a very difficult problem as the injectable material may be permanent and unapproved and very difficult, if not impossible, to remove and restore a normal appearance. Make sure you seek an experienced surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and do not price shop. Buyer's remorse is not pretty in plastic surgery.