Looking for a Surgeon Who Can Lift my Face That Was Filled with Metacrill Several Years Ago.

Did see someone who said he could give me a S-lift, and lip reduction..His fee was way too high and he told me the surgery would not be long nor difficult.. Are there any cosmetic surgeons that are exceptional in their work, but are also exceptional in character? I'm a mess,need help.. I am not looking for a Surgeon to work for nothing,,but please...can anyone give me a reality based answer.. Thank you kindly.. I am in N.Y.

Facelift after metacrill

+2

Nickki,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience in your consultation!  There are many ethical surgeons out there - but in the end, you will need to find someone who you feel 100% comfortable with.  I'm not sure what price was quoted to you - but in general, facelifts are one of the most expensive surgeries.  You should choose your surgeon based on their credentials, their work, as well as your comfort with them.  This might not be the cheapest person you find.  But when it comes to your face, I would recommend you choose these factors over price.  Regardless, the surgeon should give you realistic expectations about what can be achieved based on your individual anatomy - this may be challenging in your case since you had filler placed in it before.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Fixing a face after Metacril

+2

Dear Nickki,  There certainly are quite a few plastic surgeons in the NY / NJ area.  You might have to visit several before making your decision.  Fees will vary greatly.  Many doctors charge more for correction of your type of problem as it is more difficult.  If finances are a major problem you might want to do as Dr. Mayl suggested - go to one of the training programs like the one at Montefiore Hospital and Albert Einstein Medical Centers.  There is a resident clinic there and the costs would be dramatically less.  Finally, you could also go back to the plastic surgeon who placed the metacril if it was done in the USA.  If it was done by a non physician or out of the country, that would not be a viable option.  Good luck.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

There is a good answer for patient's like you that need good care and minimal cost

+2

"Unusual issues" are welcomed at most plastic surgery teaching clinics.  After consultation usually with several highly experienced "attending" you would operated on by a resident in plastic surgery under the direct supervision of one of these attending.

You are in a major metropolitan area and probably have four of these clinics available to you.

Try it, it may fit your needs both r.e. experience and cost.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Face lift with Metacrill

+1

I understand that you want to get the best care you need but would like to do so on a budget.  You have a difficult situation and most experienced surgeons who are best qualified to help you are going to be more expensive than average

Sam Naficy, MD

Face lift

+1

I would consult with at least 3 Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area and determine if you are comfortable with their skills, price, and character.  New York has many very qualified plastic surgeons who are some of the top in the nation.  But here in CA, we too have very highly regarded surgeons.  My advice is to stay close to home, look locally first, and then consider other options.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Facelift - Post-Metacrill; Costs

+1

There are many factors to consider with surgery and cost is one of them.  One possibility to consider is having your surgery done at a teaching center, such as Montefiore Medical Center or NYU.  In both cases, surgery is performed by senior fellows under the supervision of attending physicians.  That has proven to be an excellent solution in the past.  The Metacrill is an important issue though, and it may limit the degree of "correction" you would otherwise be able to obtain with the surgery alone.  I think that you should plan on a series of consultations with surgeons near you.  You will hopefully be able to find one who can deliver what you want - and within a price range you can live with - without too much trouble.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Looking for a face Lift surgeon

+1

You should, by all means, have paid consultations with several Face Lift surgeons with experience and good reputations.  Sadly, revision Face Lifts are more difficult to perform and the fees will most likely be higher.  IMHO do not use cost to determine who does or does not do your Face Lift but rather seek out the very best that you can afford.  there's a reason surgeons charge higher fees for their services.

Yes it can be done

+1

You are exactly right, you need to go to someone that is experienced in face lifting as well as being certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  You should see numerous consults and decide which surgeon you feel the most comfortable with. Ultimately the decision is up to you and although price is a factor it should not be the only thing that is guiding your decision making. Good Luck . Hope it helped.

Ritu Chopra, MD

Search for a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

+1

This is a very difficult problem as the injectable material may be permanent and unapproved and very difficult, if not impossible, to remove and restore a normal appearance. Make sure you seek an experienced surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and do not price shop. Buyer's remorse is not pretty in plastic surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Finding the right surgeon for you in NYC

+1

Please start with the website for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.    I've listed the website for your reference below.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS