Crooked Nose, Looks Like I'm Missing A Piece of Flesh On Edge of Nostril and Sunken In?

my nose is crooked ,i have never been hit in my face or anything it looks like i'm missing a piece of flesh on the edge left nostril and it's sunked in it's weird because on my right nostril i have hair inside and the left nostril barely any do you think i have a birth defect ? I see my self in pictures from my childhood I don't seem to have my nose crooked back then?

Crooked nose

+1

Without pictures it is impossible to tell what may be the presenting problem.  Congenital and traumatic injuries of the nose can affect the appearance and is always best to address it at the time of consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

A crooked nose

+1

If your nose is asymmetric then you are in good company, most noses are. Some are just more asymmetric than others.

The type of cartilage that is in the years and the nose continues to grow throughout life and so people can see changes as they age.  It is why we consider a older people as having a larger ears larger noses.

We can't guide you here without photographs and an examination, but given your concern I think that you should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what options are available to you. Sometimes straightening a nose can be very challenging, and sometimes it can be more simple. Getting good information is your best bet.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose with Sunken Nostril

+1

I'm sorry, but I cannot respond to your inquiry without pictures. It difficult to envision your problem after reading your description.

Crooked nose and sunken appearance

+1

Even without trauma the nose can grow asymmetrically leading to a crooked appearance. It's hard to say what's leading to your problems without seeing your nose, though. If the crookedness is bothering you (breathing problems or appearance) it may be possible to correct.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Crooked noses.

+1

I would need to see photos of your nose to give a proper answer of what is needed to do this and if grafts are needed, etc. 

+1

Unlikely that you're missing any tissue.  More likely the nasal cartilages are weaker or not symmetric on both sides making the nose appear crooked.  Photos would help in the evaluation for possible Rhinoplasty.