Did my Surgeon Do the Right Thing Because my Face Doesn't Look in Proportion

I've had surgery 3 weeks ago. I know my surgeon is highly experienced and just concentrates on the face (mainly nose though). But as he doesn't do computer imaging he went by what i said being that i wanted a subtle change, my nose to be less wide but still cute and the hump being removed slightly. he told me he would change the tip and lift it (as it was going south) and this would make my nose seem less wide and shave some of my hump off. but now my nose looks too big and the tip looks too up.

Three weeks after Rhinoplasty

+2

3 weeks after rhinoplasty, is too early to make any meaningful and accurate judgement/ diagnois on the cause of the shape of the nose. Please wait 6 months to a year before discussing need for revision surgery.

Importance of Being on the Same "Page" as Your Rhinoplasty Surgeon

+2

Hi ymeyou29,

Too soon to tell just 3 weeks after your rhinoplasty, discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Nothing to do for at least 6-12 months. The time to make sure that your surgeon will perform the surgery that the two of you agree upon is before your surgery, unfortunately not 3 weeks after.  Hope that your nose settles well for you.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Three Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

At three weeks, it is impossible for you to evaluate your nose -  wait at least 6-9 months. Your nose may appear wide and over-rotated until the swelling resolves.