Did my Surgeon Decrease my Projection of my Nose During my Rhinoplasty?

I had a closed rhinoplasty a little over a month ago. I am unhappy with my results. My goals were to get rid of the bump on my bridge and bring in my projection. I feel like I still have too much projection and my tip seems too large now. I'm not sure the projection was even improved at all. Will a slight revision of my tip need to be done later?

Rhinoplasty, nasal surgery results

+2

THe rsults from these and any procedure takes time. About 60% of swelling from nasal surgery goes away within two months but the rest takes about one year to go down. When the tip of your nose becomes soft and not numb, then you know that that is how it will be. So, be patient and ask ytour doctor exactly what was done and for reassurance. Watch my video!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nasal surgery

+2

From your appearance at one month, it appears you have had a nice result from your rhinoplasty surgery.

When viewing the nose on profile, patients should always consider the role their chin prolile plays in the overall result.  A small chin implant may help your profile if the rhinoplasty alone did not achieve the result you desired.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Decreased Nasal Projection 1 Month after Rhinoplasty

+1

Normal post-op swelling makes it impossible to evaluate your nose 1 month after rhinoplasty, especially in the nasal tip. Follow your surgeon's instructions - be patient for another 6-12 months. 

The final result following a rhinoplasty will take time.

+1

One month is not enough time to evaluate the results of a rhinoplasty.  A minimum of 6 months, and preferably 12 months will be required for all the changes to occur and the final shape to become apparent.    At this point just relax and let nature do it's thing.  Even if furthere surgery is required, it is far too early to consider that.

Kevin F. Hagan, MD

Rhinoplasty and Nose tip projection after

+1

Hi Jesse;

It is only one month since your operation. Please be patient as the nose will go through great deal of change over the next few month.

As the swelling gets reduced with passage of time the tip projection and rotation may change.

From this limited view, you maybe very happy after the resolution of swelling.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Projection of Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Jesse,

It is still too early after your rhinoplasty to determine what you nose will look like when it settles.  Your rhinoplasty surgeon has the best idea of what it should look like.  At this point there is nothing to do but wait patiently.  If after 12 months you are still dissatisfied, then consider revision.  Good luck, be well, and hope that you get the nose that you desire.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Rhinoplasty is NOT an Instant Results Operation

+1

Regarding: "Did my Surgeon Decrease my Projection of my Nose During my Rhinoplasty?
I had a closed rhinoplasty a little over a month ago. I am unhappy with my results. My goals were to get rid of the bump on my bridge and bring in my projection. I feel like I still have too much projection and my tip seems too large now. I'm not sure the projection was even improved at all. Will a slight revision of my tip need to be done later
?"

Respectfully, I think your expectations are too high. You have a fantastic result which will continue to get better. Rhinoplasty is not a "microwave" procedure where you pop it in and you get instant results. It is obvious you had a good surgeon and a good result which will continue to improve with time.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Rhinoplasty: early results

+1

Actually, from the one photo that you have provided, it looks like you have had a good result. It also can take several months or more for the tip to settle into its final position if alterations were made so I would recommend patience at this time.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Just one month after surgery it is too early to start getting worried.  It takes several months for the swelling to resolve and the tissues to settle.  Based on your pictures, it looks like you are ahead of the curve in terms of recovery after surgery.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD