Have Had Two Consultations, Which Surgeon Do I Choose for my Rhinoplasty Proceedure?

i just had two consults from two different surgeons this month. I am so confused because i got two totally different opinion's. The first surgeon said i was wide in my bridge and needed a full rhino. the second surgeon said i was narrow in my bridge and he would just file that tiny bump i have. i really dont have a bump at all. i just want more definition in the tip of my nose. both said they can do that. the second surgeon talked about grafting and seemed to do more tip work. Who should i do?

Choosing surgeon

+1

Sorry for the apparently contradictory evaluations. Without photographs it is difficult to guide you appropriately. You can request to consult again with both surgeons and discuss the conflicting recommendations, or request consultation with another surgeon. At the end of the day you should choose the expert and experienced board certified plastic surgeon who best understands your objectives.

Different Recommendations, Same Nose

+1

As you've seen, it is possible to get very different recommendations during consultations for rhinoplasty. You have several choices to resolve the issue: You can get another consultation, you can ask these surgeons to show you pictures of patients that had similar problems before surgery, you can ask to meet with other patients that had a nose like yours prior to their operation.  You can submit pictures here which can be reviewed by participating surgeons. Go to my website for instructions on how to submit pictures. Don't get frustrated; you're doing the right thing.

Two Consultations with Two opinions; Which Surgeon Do I Choose for my Rhinoplasty Proceedure

+1

It would have been helpful if you posted several views of your nose for us to advise you accordingly. Without any objective data, no one can advise if you do or do not have a wide nose etc. I would advise you to see at least another Plastic surgeon, take notes and go with the surgeon who fully answers your questions and with whom you felt the most comfortable.

Good Luck.

Peter a Aldea, MD

Choosing a rhinoplasty surgeon

+1

Which surgeon listened to you? Which surgeon suggested a result in line with what you are looking for?  Which one made the most sense?

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

If you see 10 surgeons you will get 10 different opinions. Despite that some of these surgeons will get comparable results doing slightly different procedures. The best way for you to use this online forum is submit photos and see if the online surgeons agree more with one of the surgeons you saw than the other.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Differing surgeon opinions

+1

Christy,

Surgeons are sometimes very opinionated individuals.  And , just as in life, surgical opinions can vary widely.  I would recommend a third opinion.  It is likely that the third surgeon will agree with one of the two other surgeons.  Then, let the majority rule.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Best Way to Choose Your Rhinoplasty Surgeon

+1

Hi Christylv,

In cases such as yours, where patients cannot choose which surgeon to have their rhinoplasty with, I recommend flipping a coin.  Just kiddin'.

The most important aspect of rhinoplasty from a patient's perspective is choosing their surgeon most carefully (see web reference below).  It would be most helpful if you included photos of your nose along with what bothers you about your nose.  You may wish to get another opinion.  Whoever you choose, make sure that your rhinoplasty surgeon and you are on the same page regarding what you wish to achieve so that you do not end up with that surgeon's "cookie cutter" nose.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Who should do my rhinoplasty?

+1

Go back for second consultations to get a better impression.  Look at before and after results from each surgeon.  Make a judgment.  Go with your gut.

Steve Laverson, MD

Nose job

+1

The surgeon who is board certified by the american board of plastic surgery, and has done at least a hundred nose jobs. I know this sounds simplistic but surgeries carry risks and results vary. The surgeon who can fix any problem that may occur is better (in my mind) than the one who can simply do the surgery.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Choose the surgeon who listens to your concerns

+1

I would suggest choosing the surgeon who listens to your concerns.  Look at lots of before and after pictures to see if you like the quality of their work.  Be careful with computer imaging ("morphing").  You can do almost anything to your picture on a computer.  Actually delivering quality results is a different matter.  If you are still unsure, go seek a consultation with another surgeon.  Warmest regards.

Dr. Pippin

Gregory Pippin, MD
Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon