Still Unhappy With Results After Revision, What's My Next Step?

surgery in November 2011 the surgery consisted hernia repair mini tummy tuck and liposuction. At the time of the surgery i only needed to lose 15 if not less pounds. In January 2012 I had a redo of the mini tummy tuck and a redo of the liposuction from the thigh area. Due to unsatisfactory results. I looked exactly the same after the surgery. I now its still early but if i am still  displeased what is my next step of action to take. I didn't send a picture due to me being swollen from my recent surgery

Unhappy with Tummy Tuck Results

+1

From the information you provide with your question, you are less than a month out from your revision procedures which means there probably is still a significant amount of swelling present and the skin has had little time to retract and remodel to its final appearance.  Please wait until you are 6 months out from your latest surgery before planning to proceed with any further revisions.  At that time, if you are still concerned with your results, please discuss them with your surgeon.  A key point to remember is that your surgeon really does want you to be happy and if there is a problem, he/she will usually be willing to address these issues.  If you still are unhappy with the responses you receive, then a second opinion is merited.  Best of luck.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Revision and Unhappy?

+1

You mention in your description that you are still swollen from the recent surgery;  obviously, this is not a good time to evaluate the results of surgery.  I would suggest  waiting at least 6 months before doing so. At that point, discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon;  if you still have concerns seek a second opinion.

Abdominoplasty Revision Timeframe

+1

After any surgery, it takes at least three months for all of the swelling to go down and the final contour changes to be visualized.  This is especially true for any sort of body contouring/ liposuction procedures.  If the surgery was just done in January, then you have a number of changes that need to occur.  Just be patient and give yourself time to heal.  If you get to April and are still unhappy with the results, then that would be the time to discuss it with your surgeon.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon