Surgeon Advised Against Rhino During my Consultation Due to a Deviated Septum I Was Unaware I Had. What Next?

I finally had my consultation with the surgeon of my choice however upon further inspection of my nose he told me he would not do a rhino on myself until my deviated septum was corrected. Although I do suffer from non-allergic rhinitis and see an ENT for this, I've never been told my septum was deviated & I would need surgery. I still would like my rhino however since my ENT will probably not recommend septum surgery (since she has never said I had a problem), what is the next course of action?

If there is a deviated septum and you are experiencing breathing issues, then the septoplasty and rhinoplasty can be performed at the same time.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Symptomatic deviated septum is corrected at the same time is cosmetic rhinoplasty.

If any curvature your septum is a symptomatic there's no reason to operate on it. For patients with airway issues as well as aesthetic issues a combination of rhinoplasty and septoplasty is commonly performed.

Septorhinoplasty performed together

A deviated septum can be repaired at the same time as a rhinoplasty procedure. A septoplasty is performed for  significant nasal obstruction and is billed to the patient's medical insurance for medical necessity. A rhinoplasty is considered cosmetic and billed directly to the patients themselves. Both procedures are commonly performed simultaneously under one anesthetic  with one recovery period.  Look for a ENT/ facial plastic surgeon who has a large rhinoplasty practice

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty

Go for a second opinion to another plastic surgeon who can do both the septum and the cosmetic rhinoplasty.