Surgeon Advised Against Rhino During my Consultation Due to a Deviated Septum I Was Unaware I Had. What Next?

I finally had my consultation with the surgeon of my choice however upon further inspection of my nose he told me he would not do a rhino on myself until my deviated septum was corrected. Although I do suffer from non-allergic rhinitis and see an ENT for this, I've never been told my septum was deviated & I would need surgery. I still would like my rhino however since my ENT will probably not recommend septum surgery (since she has never said I had a problem), what is the next course of action?

+1

If there is a deviated septum and you are experiencing breathing issues, then the septoplasty and rhinoplasty can be performed at the same time.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Symptomatic deviated septum is corrected at the same time is cosmetic rhinoplasty.

+1

If any curvature your septum is a symptomatic there's no reason to operate on it. For patients with airway issues as well as aesthetic issues a combination of rhinoplasty and septoplasty is commonly performed.

Septorhinoplasty performed together

+1

A deviated septum can be repaired at the same time as a rhinoplasty procedure. A septoplasty is performed for  significant nasal obstruction and is billed to the patient's medical insurance for medical necessity. A rhinoplasty is considered cosmetic and billed directly to the patients themselves. Both procedures are commonly performed simultaneously under one anesthetic  with one recovery period.  Look for a ENT/ facial plastic surgeon who has a large rhinoplasty practice

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty

+1

Go for a second opinion to another plastic surgeon who can do both the septum and the cosmetic rhinoplasty.