Is this suptratip swelling? (photo)

I am 5 weeks after rhinoplasty. My bridge is still the same since the cast came off, sometimes in the morning it's even bigger. Is it suptratip swelling and if yes, will it ever go down?

Supratip fullness after Rhinoplasty

+1
The supratip or area just behind the tip of the nose on the bridge is most sensitive to postop swelling. At approximately 4 weeks, your surgeon may consider a cortisone injection to help with this, although it generally improves with time. If the fullness is due to cartilage, the injection may not help. Good Luck!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Supratip fullness in the early posotp period.

+1
From your photos, I agree that there is some excessive supratip fullness.  It is still early in the postop period and this may be due to edema, excess cartilage/tissue or both.  If it is edema then it will eventually subside over the next 6 months or so.  If it is excess cartilage or soft tissue, then some degree of fullness will persist.  Cautious use of subdermal steroid injections may help in the short term.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC, FACS.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

+1
From the photos submitted you appear to have a very pleasant result so try to be patient and allow all the swelling to leave

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Is this suptratip swelling?

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.