Supratip Fulness: Scar or Excessive Cartilage? (photo)

4 months ago I had a rhinoplasty,and my tip is still very projected.the doctor who operated me said its excessive scar production but according to another doctor who saw me today its excessive cartilage that should have been removed. could you please give me your opinion by looking at the pictures I posted?I would really appreciate.thank You very much

Tip swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

You are likely still swollen and its difficult to assess your nose with only a frontal view. That being said it does appear that your nasal tip cartilages are prominent and vertically oriented. Patients with this configuration of nasal tip cartilage may require tip reductive and in some situtations tip cartilage repositioning to obtain ideal results.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplasty.ca/procedures/primary-rhinoplasty/

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose issues

+1

From the frontal view photographs it appears that you have prominent lower lateral cartilages that are giving the fullness.  Other views and an in-person exam would be better.

You pictures are consistant with extra cartilage

+1

You pictures are showing the prominent lower lateral cartilage. The swelling would be more even and you have cartilage sticking out more over the right side. You will need revision and do not get cortisone injections...

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip might need revision, but not now.

+1

Your tip looks as though there is some excessive projection of the tip cartilages.  However, at this time my opinion is speculative and you indeed have some swelling.  I would keep in touch with your surgeon over the next few months and see how things change.