Supratip Fullness 3 Weeks Post Op? (photo)

Hi all, I had closed rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago to remove hump and raise the tip (ie roman nose originally). I am however slightly concerned that the sweeping has gone largely from the bridge and face leaving a great deal of swelling around the supratip area of the nose (verging on pollybeak?) I appreciate that swelling is normal however is this likely to be more than swelling or will this likely go down with time? Thank you in advance for your time

Swelling at 3 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

The swelling is figuring prominently into the look of the nose at this point.  There is usually some amount of supratip fullness in the early phases.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA 

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

+1

If you were 3 months post operative I would be concerned. But only 3 weeks you are still in early healing phases. 

You shouldn't worry about supra-tip swelling only three weeks after your Rhinoplasty surgery.

+1

I reviewed your photos and your concerns.

Based on your photos, it would be best not to worry about your nose. I cannot promise you that this will completely resolve, but in all likelihood, your supra-tip area will improve since you're certainly still swollen so soon after your surgery.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.