Best Way to Fix Supratip Depression After Rhinoplasty?

I had a small supratip depression six months after Rhinoplasty. How it can be fixed and what is the best procedure for this?

It's too early for fixing supratip depression

+2

At six months post-op it is too early to make any decisions with regards to revisions of contour irregularities. There is typically too much swelling in the tip that may make the supratip area look more depressed than it actually is.

I recommend waiting about one year from the time of surgery to start an evaluation for revision. If the area is still too depressed after one year, many surgeons would recommend placing a small amount of filler material: HA, Radiesse, fat, or cartilage. You can also use other soft tissue taken from the hairline area (eg. temporalis fascia) to fill up small contour irregularities.

I think most people agree that cartilage or soft tissue are best, but they need a surgery to perform. Injectibles such as HA, Radiesse, or fat can be done in the office quickly with little downtime or donor site problems. Speak to your surgeon about options they like to use.

Good luck.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Supratip Depression

+1

It must be determined if you actually have depression of the supratip or if there is still signifiicant swelling of the tip. Both may cause a similar appearance. Time will tell.; wait another 6 months. The tip can be reduced if necessary or you can augment the supratip if it is determined true depression is the problem. Augmentation can be achieved with temporary fillers such as juvederm or radiesse,. Permanent correction can be achieved with cartilage or fascia.

See a revision rhinoplasty specialist.

+1

Ask your surgeon to examine the nose to see if the swelling is totally or almost totally gone and ask what he would do to augment this area. Get a second opinion if you have any doubts.