Can Supratip Break Be Hidden by Swelling?

my nose is too straight. I am a little more than six weeks out and have significant supratip swelling still. When swelling subsides will this area show more of a break (my surgeon said he took out a little fat (?) in that area so i would have one, but so far i don't see it. Hoping swelling is hiding it???

Swelling can fill in a subtle supra-tip break.

+1

Hello Ella,

Thank you for the question.  Simply put, yes swelling can blunt a subtle supra-tip break.  Give it some more time and  eventually you will be able to decide if there is enough supra-tip break to meet your aesthetic goal.  Taking photos every 1-2 weeks might also help to determine if swelling is going away and if that is making a difference.

Dr. Remus Repta

+1

Dear Ella,

Thank you for your question.  Yes, at 6 weeks, or even 12 weeks, you can have swelling that hides the definition that was done during surgery.  It takes a lot of time in some patients before the swelling is gone.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Nasal swelling

+1

Nasal swelling can take up to a year and sometimes longer to dissipate. You have to be patient and give it time.

Supratip break

+1

It may take a year or longer for all swelling to resolve and to see a supratip break if you have one.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Nasal Tip Swelling and Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Thank you for your question and I understand your concern. It is still very early, all things considered, to judge anything particular about your rhinoplasty results.  This is the hardest part -- waiting for all the swelling to go down and the soft tissues to shrink back down to the framework (cartilage and bone).  Please stay in touch with your surgeon throughout this process.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty swelling

+1

Dear Ella,

1. Yes, at 6 weeks, it is too early for all of the swelling to come down
  2. Please be patient, alternatively, steroid injections can be used to bring the swelling down

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD