Is This Supratip and Tip Swelling? (Photo)

I have provided more detail here to show you what i believe is substantial swelling of the supratip and tip. I would like the tip area to match the straight profile of the bridge that has been achieved but the swelling seems to make my nose appear bulbous and rounded from the side view. This rounded tip was something i wanted to avoid. Realistically how much will this swelling subside and will it match the desired result (see pic)? Swelling is getting worse around this area as time goes on.

Swelling and nasal tip contour

+1

Thank you for the question and the excellent photos.  There is no doubt that swelling is playing some role in the shape and size of your nasal tip at 15 days.  Its is hard to know how much of this shape and size is from swelling and how much it is from cartilage.  At this time I would recommend that you wait a reasonable amount of time for the swelling to subside.  This should be at least 3-6 months but your plastic surgeon can guide you as to what he/she prefers.

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://drrepta.com

Swollen Tip After Rhinoplasty

+1

At 15 days post op it is very difficult to make any judgements about the appearance of your nose.  There is still postoperative swelling present which makes the tip appear more bulbous or full.  It is very normal to have tip swelling after surgery and removal of the nasal splint.  If swelling seems significant after splint removal I routinely have my patients tape the nasal tip and dorsum to ease swelling.  From your pictures it does not appear that you are experiencing significant swelling.  Allow time for healing, and follow up with your surgeon.  Good Luck!

Web reference: http://www.dranthonycorrado.com/procedures/nose/rhinoplasty.html

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

15 days after Rhinoplasty

+1

At 15 days, swelling is present and always rounds everything out.  The nose always looks smaller right after the splint comes off, because the splint acts as a compression device.  You will notice a much more refined tip in 6 months.

Swallon tip

+1

15 days after nose job the tip is going to look this way. You need to wait for 6 months for the tip get more defined and if then there are any issues then discuss with your PS.I neither see any supra tip swelling or tip swelling of significance. Wishing you good luck

Web reference: http://www.dubai-aesthetica.com/face/female-nose-job.html

Dubai Plastic Surgeon