Are You Supposed to Massage Hyaluronidase to Remove Filler?

I just got hyaluronidase injected into my lips because the restylane made me look like a duck. i've heard that it works instantly. am I supposed to notice something right away? Should i massage my lips to ensure that it spreads throughout and gets rid of it?

Hyaluronidase should be massaged after injection

+3

I have patients massage after hyaluronidase for two reasons. One is to disperse the hyaluronidase a little, and cover the area of unwanted HA injection while feathering into the surrounding tissue. Two, it helps the unwanted HA break down and resorb. You should know that hyaluronidase works very quickly, often times within a 1-3 day span, so if you don't see resolution, you should check back with your injectionist.

It also can induce a little swelling of it's own, so give it some time. Finally keep in mind that the speed and total effect of hyaluronidase is based on dose. If things are not dissolving quickly enough, you might just need more hyaluronidase.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Massage after Amphidase is recommended

+2

I think its a good idea to massage your lips after Hyaluronidase (Amphidase) treatment. It should help the product dissolve faster. Your lips should resume their normal contour after a few weeks. Good luck!

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Hyaluronidase Does Not Need Massaging

+1

This material breaks through the connective tissues and does not need any massaging. It takes 2 to 3 days to work. If you have not seen the results in one week, then you should go back for more hyaluronidase.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase and Restylane

+1

If the hyaluronidase is not made to migrate to distant areas (which would dilute its effectiveness in the intended area) then gentle massage could be expected to hasten the dissolution of the hyaluronic acid Restylane my increasing the surface area of the filler exposed to the enzyme. You should check with your physician before doing this.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Hyaluronidase to Dissolve Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm), Does Massage Help?

+1

Hi Ar,

As my Mom used to say, "It can't hurt".

Hyaluronidase should be injected into the hyaluronic acid (Juvederm, Restylane) to be most effective. If you do not see the results you desire, return for more injections. I cannot imagine that gentle massage would cause any problems, and it may help a little.

Good luck, be well, and I hope that your lips return to a satisfactory state quickly.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD