How Am I Supposed to Get Lymphatic Massages to Help with All of This Swelling if I Am Still in Pain and Sore?

Im a week and a few days out of smart lipo upper lower abdoment and waist. I am swollen, as expected , but how can I get these lymphatic massages if my stomach is still tender and uncomfortable to the touch? Ive already eliminated salt, and am drinking water all day.

Lymphatic massage after Lipo

+1

During the healing process this is normal to have bruising and swelling. This feeling will subside over the next few weeks, and you will see a drastic change in your body shape. Wait until you are healed properly before you have the lymphatic massage, if needed.

1 Week after Liposuction and Too Sore for Lymphatic Massage

+1

Lymphatic massage is certainly not mandatory, and it probably has little to do with result at all.  You can always perform the massage at a later date.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Smart Lipo and post operative Lymphatic Massages

+1

Following any type of liposuction, including Smart Lipo, it can be beneficial to massage the areas of liposuction.  The massaging can help mobilize lymphatic fluid, decrease swelling, and speed the healing process.  However, if you are still tender you may what to wait a few more days before beginning the massage and start off gently.  Best wishes. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon