Am I Supposed to Be Hurting 2 Weeks Post-op?

I had 450cc implants 2 weeks ago. I am having severe sunburned feeling, sharp stabbing pains. I am taking 1/2 a pain pill a couple times a day just to ease it up. Is it normal to have this much pain & uncomfortable feelings? Also, I ended up with pneumonia 2 days after surgery running 102°. Can that have anything to do with it? Thank you, Lisa Haley

Pain 2 Weeks after Breast Augmentation

+1

Pain from submuscular augmentation after 2 weeks is not unusual in larger implants or smaller individuals.  The pneumonia may have compounded issues. 

Pain 2 Weeks after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have had after breast augmentation surgery. Some discomfort 2 weeks after surgery would not be  concerning,  in and of itself. Your discomfort may be increased if the “pneumonia” was associated with coughing episodes.

Of course, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource.  In person examination will be necessary to rule out any complications that made cause or prolong discomfort.

Best wishes for otherwise smooth recovery.

Pain After Breast Implants

+1

Hi Lisa,

Sorry your having so much trouble. You have two different problems at the same time:

1. Pneumonia (probably from shallow breathing because of post-op pain) can cause chest pain made worse by breathing in deeply. Smokers are at increased risk of pneumonia after general anesthesia.
  2. Post-op pain after implants is common. In my practice, most patients stop their prescription pain pills 3-5 days after surgery. Annoying burning sensations in the breast skin/nipple area and muscle spasms may continue for several weeks and are eased by non-prescription meds.

I trust you're receiving medical treatment for your pneumonia. Once that's cured, you'll feel much better.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Pain 2 weeks out from a breast augmentation is not uncommon and is more likely with submuscular implants.

+1

If the implants are below the pectoralis muscles, pain 2 weeks out from the operation is not out of the ordinary.  Subglandular placement is less painful.

Breast augmentation post-op pain

+1

At two weeks after breast augmentation surgery it is quite comon to have discomfort, this may be maginified by your recent pneumonia. It might be a good idea to check with your surgeon.

Hello

+1

2 weeks post-surgery it is very normal to still have discomfort. The sharp pains can be the nerves regenerating. You should follow up with your PS.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS