am i supposed to still look like this, after lipo,and tummytuck??? help, please.

NOW I HAD THE SURGERY FEB 2, ITS NOW MAY 25, MY STOMACH STILL SENSITIVE AND I LOOK LIKE I DID BEFORE THE SURGERY EXCEPT WITHOUT THE BOTTOM HANGING, I FEEL LIKE I WASTED MY MONEY ALONG WITH MY FRIENDS WHO TELL ME CONSTANTLY. I HAVE BEEN DIETING AND WALKING AND NO CHANGE IN IT. THIS IS WHY I WENT TO HAVE THE SURGERY DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE, BECAUSE EVERYTHING I TRIED FAILED. I FEEL HOPELESS ASHAMED, AND EMBARRASSED TO TELL ANYONE ELSE THAT I HAD THIS SURGERY DONE. AFTER ALL THIS MONEY I SPENT.

Tummy tuck, liposuction

+1
All cosmetic surgery procedures have there limitations. It would be helpful to see your before pictures to really see what has changed. Has your weight changed since the surgery? You really ne to sit down with your surgeon and go over the preoperative photographs and let him understand your concerns and hopefully work out a plan for you

Web reference: Http://www.drabramson.com

Result 4 months after tummy tuck

+1

Dear RRSmilles, It is important for a surgeon to completely explain what a procedure can do, so that your expectations are met.  A tummy tuck can remove loose hanging skin and tighten the muscles which will make the abdominal area look better. It is possible that your surgeon performed a panniculectomy which simply removes the hanging skin.  A tummy tuck  is not a substitite for healthy eating habits and excersize.  Did your surgeon talk to you about the possibility of a  gastric band  for your weight issues?  Good luck.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.