Support Requirements During Recovery - Lower Body Lift, Breast Lift/Enhancement, Extended Arm Lift?

What are the support requirements for someone who has had a lower body lift, breast lift/enhancement, and an extended arm lift all at the same time? I’ll be at the recovery center for the first two nights and a friend is going to stay with me for the following two or three nights but, after that, I'll be alone. Will I be ok? Also, any concerns about doing all those procedures at the same time? Thanks, in advance, for any responses.

Support

+1

I would advise you to stage your procedures if you are concerned with recovery. A total lower body lift is a considerable amount of surgery by itself.

Multiple Procedure Concerns and Safety

+1

Body lift, breast lift, and an extended arm lift - that is a lot of surgery.  I would perform a breast lift and an extended arm lift at the same time in 4 hours, which is quick.  I do these procedures all the time, and I am always focused on general anesthesia time and risk for blood clots, infection, hypothermia, etc.  I would not do all of those at once.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast lift Los Angeles, CA

Recovery following body contouring.

+1

Your plan is a good starting point. It is always a good idea to have friends or family available to help. I would caution against an arm lift performed at the same time as a lower body lift. Following a lower body lift, you may find that you use your arms considerably to help you get up from a sitting position and to get out of bed. I personally stage these procedures to reduce recovery times and improve outcomes. You will likely be in compression garments and it can be difficult to get these on and off, so having available help is important.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from surgery

+1

It varies from case to case how much help you will need and for how long.  Your description of your plans sound about right.  After the first three days you should be okay on your own, but probably will not be able to drive a car for bout a week.  Get through the first few days, but then take it on a day to day basis.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

+1

That is a lot to recover from at once. In particular, if you need your arms to help after the LBL you will be in some trouble.

Everyone heals at a different rate, and the pain levels vary tremendously. For all you are having done, a backup plan should be available in advance should 5 days of help not be enough.

Body lift, breast lift, and arm lift

+1

It is a lot of surgery, and I personally do not usually do all that together. For some patients it can be done safely.  Best to ask you doctor about garments that he prefers.

Questions about after care following a body lift / arm lift / breast lift

+1

Support garments for this type of surgery are rather universal, I would expect that you would be placed in an abdominal binder, a support bra and an arm compression sleeve.  Your plastic surgeon will most likely go over your expected care and needs following the surgery.  It is a lot of surgery at one time but it can be done safely in the right patient.  Good health is mandatory as well as strictly following all post operative instructions including DVT / PE prophylaxis.  I typically place all body lift patients on a blood thinning agent after surgery but this may not be universal.  

+1

I am glad that you asked such a question. I however wonder how you expect to answer this by any PS without photos. The photos tell us what your PS may be doing with you and accordingly advice you. Kindly post your photos for some useful answer. Wishing you all the best.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon