Would I be able to use the Spray Neutrogena 70 SpF Sunscreen on my face the day AFTER my Ultra Jessner Chemical Peel?

I was told to use Sunscreen but don't remember exactly when she said it was ok. Please help me out. I need answers and advise. I was also told that i should have a microdermabrasion done next week. BTW i suffer from acne. And oh yes i woke up this morning with some whiteheads. Is that normal?

Sunscreen After Jessner Peel

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend using a sunscreen with SPF 30 with zinc. Depending on what your skin is like after one week and how many layers were applied, I would wait and not rush the microdermabrasion, which will be helpful to exfoliate the dead skin cells. Sometimes acne prone skin can break out after trauma to the skin such as peels. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Sunscreen after Peel

+1

Do not us sunscreen until the flaking ends.   These light peels have much to offer if used with a Retin A and  Hydroquinone cream.   This continues the exfoliation, prevents pigment significantly, and is very acceptable to most skin types,   There are many plans and regimens for this mixture and prices vary from  $70 for 4 months to over $600 for 3 months.  Be cautious and shop around for a generic mixture that works.  Many offices now carry the favorably priced generics.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon