Sunscreen Sensitivity After Facelift

i have to use sunscreen since face lift( i only have used it)- but now- it is irritating especially on left side where i have some lumps still- all the ones i have tried to use (former ones)- irritate that side- i have tried 12 new ones- not good. suggestions????

Sunscreen sensitivity

+1

Which products have you been using?  I usualy recommend non-oily coppertone spf 30 or 50.  I go with the simple stuff.

Sensitivity to sunscreen after face lift

+1

I generally recommend pediatric micronized zinc oxide formulations for individuals with sensitivity to chemical sunscreens.

Micronized zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are hypoallergenic SPF 30 sunscreens..

+1

Sensitivity and dermatitis from SPF creams is extremely common. I prefer the SunForgettables powder product for all of my patients. The micronized zinc oxide and titanium dioxide powder works as a UV-barrier block and is not absorbed by the skin. I haven't seen a single allergic reaction with this product. It comes as a convenient tube with brush applicator for your face, and you can get it tinted to your skin color. It also comes as a roll-on powder for larger areas.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Use sunscreen for 3 months after facelift.

+1

Hi.

The critical period is only three months.  We use Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense with micronized zinc oxide..  After three months, you can resume your normal routine.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)