Sunscreen Before Foundation? What SPF?

I keep reading that sunscreen is the most important antiageing product but, first of all, what SPF should I use? I am using a tinted moisturizer that has SPF 20 in it. Is it enough? I have also heard from different sources (I don't know if it's true) that if you put sunscreen and then other products with sunscreen in it, if you layer, like foundation or tinted moisturizer, they cancel each other. Is it true? My problem with sunscreen on the face is that it makes me look super white. Thanks

SPF 30 Seems to be the Magic Number

+1

The efficacy of sunscreens increase exponentially.  What that means is that there is a big difference between SPR 15 and SPF 30, but not a very big difference between SPR 30 and SPF 45.  I suggest to all of my patients to wear a good SPF 30 on their faces daily and to use SPF 30 or higher that is waterproof when they are involved with sports or at the beach.  Sun umbrellas and hats are also advised.  Remember, there is no such thing as a good suntan and a blistering sunburn will increase your chance of developing life threatening skin cancers later in life.

Fort Lauderdale Dermatologist