Sunless Tanner for Age Spot Removal?

I have age spots. Is there a sunless tanner that will make them less noticeable? The age spots usually darken. Any suggestions?

Re: Sunless Tanner For Age & Brown Spot Removal

+1

Age spots will actually get darker with sunless tanning. The chemicals used in these formulas actually act as photosensitizers, which helps the skin to create more melanin. And this is why you will notice the age spots become darker. Cosmetic laser treatment are effective and relatively quick when it comes to getting rid of age spot. They work by breaking up the structures that contain the melanin pigment. The remains of this process are removed naturally by the body's own system. Keep in mind that lasers are just a tool. So it is important that you choose a board certified dermatologist for the best outcome.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Sunless tanner

+1

Unfortunately, you observe a fairly common occurence with sunless tanners. They often accentuate "age spots"- also known as seborrheic keratoses or solar lentigines ("liver spots". I cannot recommend a particular brand of sunless tanner that will not cause this effect.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon