Sunken Eyes After Rhinoplasty Normal?

I had rhinoplasty done 2 years ago and I feel like my eyes look sunken and hollow after the rhinoplasty. Is this a normal complication from rhinoplasty.

Sunken Eyes After Rhinoplasty

Normally you see black and blue eyes with some swelling in the sift tissue around the eyes which makes them look sunken. However, your eyes do not become sunken because of bruising because that would require loss of fat underneath the eyeball, which does not happen with a rhinoplasty so it is a secondary phenomenon to the swelling of the skin around the eyes.

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

12921 SW 1st Rd
Tioga, FL 32669

Sunken Eyes after Rhinoplasty

I don't believe sunken eyes is a complication of a rhinoplasty. I would consult your plastic surgeon. 

Elliot M. Heller, MD

150 East 61st Street
New York, NY 10065

Sunken Eyes After Rhinoplasty

Dear Neel,

As a short answer, rhinoplasty does not have a direct effect over the eyes.

Without a photographs of before and after status, it is hard to determine the exact cause of what you are perceiving.

Nonetheless, it is common that when the dimensions of your nose changes that you may perceive your eyes sunken.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

496 Old Newport Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92663

Sunken eyes after rhinoplasty

The eyes were not changed with the rhinoplasty.  Changes in nasal form can give the illusion of eye changes though.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342-5029

Sunken Eyes after Rhinoplasty

I so far never came across this issue after a nose job.You might have undergone some weight loss that you are not ware of.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Villa 898
Umm Suqeim 1, Dubai 04

Sunken eyes after rhinoplasty is not a complication I'm aware of.

Sunken eyes after rhinoplasty is not a complication I'm aware of. I have been doing rhinoplasty for more than 35 years and have never seen this happen.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Rhinoplasty sunken eyes

Rhinoplasty per se do not affect the eyes. What sometimes occur is that with reduction of the hump the eyes look a little away from each other but this is an illusion not a true change. If there was some weight loss or relaxation of the facial tissues then the eyes can look sunken due to the cheek and skin migration downward.

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS

9301 Golf Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016