Besides Sunken Cheeks, What Other Areas Respond Best to Sculptra?

I understand that sunken cheeks respond very well to Sculptra, what other areas respond well to Sculptra? I specifically want to use it on nasiolabial folds, the prejowl area and anterior cheek.

Assess the whole face

+1

One of the most important things in facial aesthetics is to assess the entire face to determine where volume loss has occurred, rather than looking at one specific facial area, one wrinkle, or one fold.  As we age, we lose bone and fat in the temples, cheeks, and along the jawline.  Bone and fat serve as the "foundation" for our faces and when those atrophy, folds and wrinkles form.  Sculptra is an excellent choice in such a patient because it rebuilds the foundation over time, resulting in a natural look.  Of note, many of these areas are treated "off label."

Aventura Dermatologist

Besides sunken cheeks, what areas respond well ro Sculpra?

+1

Sculptra is an excellent filler and it can be injected in large amounts to return the entire  face to a much younger  appearance. For this purpose it is much more cost effective than other fillers. For instance, if a patient wants the melolabial folds reduced, Sculptra can be injected there but also in the cheeks, to "steal" some skin away from the melolabial fold. Same concept with the marionete lines and the corners of the mouth.

This can be done with other fillers too, but they would be less cost effective.

The prejowl sulcus can be treatedvery effectively, but it takes a well qualified Dr to do it.

Always make sure that you are being treated by an experienced Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Sculptra not just for cheeks

+1

Other areas that respond are the temples, the jawline, the jowl area, and the hollowing right in front of the ear area.  Experienced injectors may also place a little bit in the tear-trough area to give volume to this site.  Caution must be taken in that area, however.  Only qualified professionals who do a lot of Sculptra should be injecting in the tear trough.

Kristel D. Polder, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra not just for cheeks

+1

Along with using Sculptra for sunken cheeks, such as those secondary to HIV medications, I've had great success using Sculptra when treating the following areas: temples, nasolabial folds, medial cheek, chin.

Peter L. Kopelson, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

All of the areas you mentioned are good for sculptra

+1

I place Sculptra in various places in the face, basically everywhere except under eyes, forehead and lips.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Best areas to treat with Sculptra

+1

Sculptra is great for volumizing nearly the entire face.  For a person who wants the nasolabial fold treated, the product is placed there but also in  the upper mid cheek to lift the fold.   This gives a prettier result than just treating the fold.   Similarly, the prejowl area is often treated, but also along the entire jaw line to “pull back” the jowl.  The anterior cheek is also a great area for Sculptra, as are the temples.  All of the treatments help to smooth out, lift , and rejuvenate the face.  Areas that are not good for Sculptra are the lips and close to the eye.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra for facial filling

+1

Many providers use sculptra in places other than the mid cheeks.  It has been used in the temples for quite some time now, in the area directly in front of the ears, and in the prejowl area as well.  Skilled placement is always an issue, but there is good anecdotal evidence that these areas respond quite well.

Daniel I. Wasserman, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon