Sunglasses 5 Weeks After Rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty a little over five weeks ago. No bones were broken, just a dorsal hump removed and tip work done. I've had no complications and its been an ideal recovery. My friend needs help the next two days watching kids outside. Would it be alright to wear sunglasses these next two days?

Sunglasses 5 Weeks After Rhinoplasty?

+1

You should ask the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that performed your Rhinoplasty for specific post op instructions.  I advise, my Rhinoplasty patients, against using any glasses that place pressure or rest, on the nose, for 6 months.  The use of glasses, during the post Rhinoplasty healing phase can push swelling out of an area to a greater extent that the surrounding tissues leading to the re-creation of what looks like a dorsal hump.  If you have to wear the sunglasses, tape them up to the forehead so they are not resting on the nose. 

Sunglasses 5 weeks after rhinoplasty?

+1

I generally advise my patients to wait 6 weeks before wearing sunglasses. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon, as they may have a specific protocol they would like you to follow. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Sunglasses okay five weeks after rhinoplasty.

+1

Five weeks is more than enough time to allow wearing his sunglasses even if in fracturing is part of the operation.

Sunglasses after rhinoplasty

+1

I see no problem with that.   Consult your surgeon to make sure.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Glasses after rhinoplasty

+1

In my practice, patients can wear glasses 6 weeks after their surgery. You should ask your surgeon to see what he recommends.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Glasses after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the question.  Your plastic surgeon will be the best person to answer that question since he/she will know what was done.  With that said, sunglasses at 5 weeks should be fine.  You may want to choose a pair of sunglasses that are light and fit comfortably.  Very light sunglasses (plastic) with a wide nose piece that displaces the weight will be the most comfortable.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Sunglasses after a rhinoplasty

+1

I usually have patients hold off with glasses or sunglasses for 6 weeks. They can tape it to their forehead to not put pressure on the dorsum.  Best to ask your surgeon.

Wearing sunglasses after a rhinoplasty

+1

Sunglasses would be fine to wear at five weeks after your rhinoplasty. If there is any question and consult with your plastic surgeon first

Sunglasses after rhinoplasty

+1

After 3 weeks the bones are usually healed enough to handle the weight of glasses. Regards
Dr. J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sunglasses in the bridge of the nose after rhinoplasty

+1

In my practice, I advise patients that glasses or sunglasses are ok on the cast, but once the cast comes off, no glasses or sunglasses until they are 6 weeks post-op if the nasal bones were broken.  If the bones were not broken, wearing sunglasses or glasses should be ok after cast removal, but just be aware that you are still quite swollen, and you may end up with little soft tissue indentations where the glasses sit on the nasal bridge.  These indentations will not affect your final result, but may just be visible for a short time after you take off your glasses or sunglasses.  That being said, you should follow the advice of your surgeon!

Dara Liotta, MD