Is It Safe to Get a Sun Tan After Juvederm?

Sun tan treatment after Juvederm

+2

Are you tanning the next day? Then NO! But wait a week than it is OK, but why tan? Use a spray less skin issues as you age. Regards from sunny Miami.

Juvederm and a Sun Tan treatment

+2

A spray tan is ok the day after treatment. A tanning bed treatment is never ok because it damages your skin. If you decide that you want to get a tan, despite the risk, it is important not to get a tan if you have a bruise from the Juvederm treatment. A tan, over a bruise, can leave a long term darkening of the skin in that area.

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sun tan and fillers

+2

If you are having a spray tan, wait until the next day so that the needle holes through which the filler was injected seal up and not allow entry of the tanning spray. If you are asking a dermatologist if it is safe to get a suntan from a suntan parlor or natural sun, then I'm afraid regardless of having a filler or not, we will all say it's not safe to get a tan.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Is it safe to have sun tan treatment after Juvederm?

+2

Hi Lily,

If you are asking about spray tan, then yes it is safe after Juvederm injections.  Tanning beds are never safe, with or without Juvederm as they have been associated with increased risk of skin cancer (see web reference below).

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

JUvede mand tanning

+1

It is perfectly fine to go for a tan after juvederm, it will not damage the product,  but I wouldn't recommend the sun exposure too much because it can prematurely age you. 

You should be fine if you use tanning spray after Juvederm

+1

We are all hoping that you mean tanning spray and NOT tanning beds.

The answer in that case is that there should be no problem using spray tan after Juvederm injection, however it would be safer if you waited for a day or two so the injection sites heal first.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and Sun Tan Treatments

+1

Yes, it won’t be an issue at all. But my recommendation is a spray tan, looks just as good and is completely SAFE!  Remember artificial sun or regular sun tanning will break down your collagen.  

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Sun tanning is not recommended whether you use Juvederm or not

+1

Suntanning not only damages the skin but can ultimately lead to skin cancer. This includes the use of tanning beds. Spray tans are safe and recommended. If you choose to tan, which I do not recommend, the only restriction would be not to tan if you received a bruise from your Juvederm injection. I agree with Dr Cohen, that a tan over a bruise may leave you with a long term darkening of the skin in that area.

David A. Robinson, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Suntan may undermine youthful appearance after Juvederm

+1

In your question you seem to be trying to trap me into saying that a suntan, under some circumstances is safe. I won't. What I will say is that tanning should have no affect on your Juvederm treatment.

Presumably you are undergoing the Juvederm to maintain a youthful appearance. Why go through the expense and pain of this treatment, when you are making plans to undermine this very treatment?

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist