Will Sun Exposure Reverse Photofacial Results?

Will exposure to sun reverse Photofacial treatment results or will I more likely burn? I've had 3 Photofacial treatments but I'm going to a tropical island 30 days after treatment. I will wear sunblock and a hat. Will it likely to reverse the results and will I see noticeable freckles/spots immediately? Also, is my skin now more prone to burn after Photofacial treatments?

IPL

+1

After getting an IPL treatment, it is very important to use a good sunscreen and minimize sun exposure.  If you are in direct sunlight for long periods of time, this will indeed reverse the results of your IPL treatment.  

You will likely have a reversal in some of your results, but you will not burn easier.

+1

Going out under direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time will lead to a reversal of your IPL / photofacial results. To maximize and prolong your results, you should definitely stay out of the sun. You can go on vacation, but just wear strong sunblock (SPF 30 or greater), apply it often, stay in the shade, and wear protective clothing (hats, etc).

Avoid the sun, if at all possible. In regards to burning easier, you shouldn't experience anything like this. Your skin is NOT more sensitive as a result of IPL / photofacials.

Hope this helps!

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist