Sun Exposure from Windows Post Rhinoplasty?

I just moved to a new apartment and my bed is near a window. Even with the blinds closed, a little bit of light comes in. My nose has been looking slightly discolored lately (a reddish tint), which I'm guessing could be from the sun exposure. Am I doing any damage by continuing to sleep near a window? I am a year past my rhinoplasty revision.

Sun Exposure After 1 Year Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Lookingforanswers2,

At one year mark post surgery, your nose should almost if not completely healed (some patients do take up a little over a year for final results to be established).

Nonetheless, without physical examination and photographs it is hard to give you a definitive answer. Sun burn, if existing in your case, is not something you want to get anyways especially if you have a vulnerable and sensitive skin.

I encourage you to seek a physical examination with your surgeon.

Best of wished to you and thank you for your question.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Sun exposure one year after rhinoplasty

+1

At this juncture, being 1 year out, you should treat your nose like you did before your first surgery.  You may be getting a mild sunburn, which is never an ideal thing.  Just move away from the window or keep blinds fully closed.  If this redness is accompanied by some pain and fever (does not seem to be your case though), then get checked out by a specialist.

Sun Exposure

+1

No, not unless there is a chance of something coming through the window and hitting you right on th nose you should be fine.

Sunny Florida

+1

I assume that you sleep during the day!  However, one year post revision rhinoplasty with increasing erythema concerns me.  Redness from sunshine could be an issue, but what about hypervascularity from a nasal infection or local irritation?  Also, watch out for hyperpigmentation (browning) if persistent ultraviolet radiation continues.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon