Sun Damage and Water Activities After Smart Lipo

I had Smart Lipo done on multiple areas a week ago, and I'm healing nicely. I'm planning to go on a Caribbean vacation in 30 days. Should I be concerned about sun exposure and water activities at this point? Is it too early to go on a vacation?

Sunscreen is very important--ask your surgeon what he recommends

+2

Enjoy your vacation, but please use sunscreen religiously. I recommend the NIA product line at my practice--the sunscreen in this line is fantastic Also, communicate with your physician prior to your vacation and set up another postoperative appointment so that he/she can examine you and make certain you're healing properly. That way, you'll be able to go to the Caribbean with peace of mind.

Have fun!

Sincerely,

Dr. Stephen Goldstein

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Don't Forget Sunscreen

+1

No, you should go and enjoy. Just don’t forget to use your sunblock, multiple times during the day especially on your incision sites.