IPL vs Yag Laser for Sun Damage?

My 50th birthday is coming up, and I want to do something for myself to improve my skin. It is starting to make me look... 50. My chest and neck are getting particularly leathery from all the sun damage. My friends recommended two different treatments: 1) IPL or 2) Yag laser.

I don't know which one I should get because I want the age spots and freckling to be reduced but I also want the texture to get better. Or should I maybe try IPL with tightening treatment like Thermage or something? - Amanda

You can actually do both if you are careful. The IPL is...

+2

You can actually do both if you are careful. The IPL is great for the sun spots and at the same time may tighten the skin a bit. The Yag can help as well.

Sun Damage & Texture

+1

A combination treatment will offer the best results given your skin concerns. A great combination treatment to address sun damage and texture is IPL coupled with a non-ablative fractional skin resurfacing laser treatment. The IPL addresses the sun damage and freckling and the non-ablative fractional treatment is ideal for stimulating collagen to address textural changes, fine lines and wrinkles, as well as, acne scarring. A series of 3 treatments 4 weeks apart will provide optimal results. The advantage of this treatment is that both are done in one sitting with very little down time for the patient. However, home care and maintenance are key and your clinician will provide a regimen ideal for your skin care needs and lifestyle.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon