Tip Swelling Causing The Nose To Point Down And Curve Left? (photo)

Open Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty. Tip not stiff with no pain. Tip curves downward like a hook and veers to the left (after surgery). I have thin skin and respond very quickly to healing. Almost no bruising after surgery (Sept 26.th). The tip is very pointy and hooks downwards. I've never had a pointy noise. .. rather box shaped. It doesn't appear to be swollen and I'm worried my nose will forever be pointy and hook down and east! Any advise would be wonderful. Thank you

Tip Swelling Causing The Nose To Point Down And Curve Left??

+3

Its always crucial to submit your before pics for any doctor to be able to evaluate anything.

That being said (go ahead and submit them, Please!) The fulness at the tip you are experiencing could be due to swelling. I don't look at my results critically until 6 months. The nasal tip holds on to swelling more than any other part of the body (thats a perl!).

Bad news: from your profile pic, it looks like not enough cartilage was trimmed just before your tip (we call this a polly beck deformity). The curve to the left is probably due to not correcting the septum properly. Was your surgeon a facial plastic trained surgeon? I never do "open rhinoplasty" for first timers.

So, the bottom line, I need more info and pics to give you a better answer. You really can't do anything to your nose for at least 6 months. Why, if you go in too soon to try and fix something, it will explode with scarring which is always the enemy of a rhinoplasty (just ask Michel Jackson). I look forward to helping you in the future!

Dr. D

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Your issues are noted but you must wait 6 months before a revision can be done to allow basic healing and softening of the tissues. Sorry.

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.