Sun Burn After Rhinoplasty Please Help?

Hi! I had an open rhinoplasty on May 29th. Today it is June 9th, 1.5 weeks after surgery. I have been healing fine, except today I was down the beach on vacation. I know it is important to protect the nose especially during this time, so I applied SPF 50 to my face and wore a hat. My nose got lightly burned as well as my cheeks - not a deep red but a light red/pink. I was outside for 3 hrs but for some reason I still burned. am I definitely going to experience discoloration bc of this burn?

Sunburn of the nose after rhinoplasty is not a good idea but probably will not affect the long-term result.

+1

The sunburn should not affect the outcome of the rhinoplasty. Please try to be more careful.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,25-atlanta-rhinoplasty.htm

1.5 wks after rhinoplasty and in the sun

+1

I do not think that it is a good idea to be sitting out in the sun so soon after rhinoplasty.  Sunblock is key, but at this point you will have to see how things heal.