What is Best Suited for Me: Hair Grafts, Surgical Hairline Lowering Procedure, or Both?

Im 30ish female w/a normal sized forehead, but I have a row of short baby hairs all along my hairline. Even worse, I have what looks like a receding hairline, except its NOT bald in the receded portion. Instead the receded portions has short baby hairs in it & the "real hair" that's longer doesn't start growing until about 2 inches back from natural hairline in those corners of head. Without a picture, what sounds best suited for me: hair grafts, surgical hairline lowering procedure, or both?

Grafts vs. Lowering Hairline

+1

From your description, hair grafts would be an easier fix in your situation.  Of course, a detailed evaluation to determine your candidacy is escential to picking the best procedure.  But the transplant is going to be a shorter recovery time with less of a scar if done with FUE.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.vargasfaceandskin.com/surgical-hair-restoration.php

Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

FUE Hairline Transplant

+1

If you like the placement of your hairline, it sounds like you just need to have some grafts implanted where your hairline appears to be receding. A transplant using FUE uGraft may be your best bet since follicular unit extraction is ideal for hairline procedures. This is because it enables the practitioner to remove hairs from outside the SDA (for example the nape of the neck) where donor hair is a better match to the finer caliber of hairline follicles. Traditional donor hair (i.e. strip harvesting) tends to look harsh and unnatural along the hairline.

Web reference: http://www.dermhairclinic.com/fue-hair-transplant/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Lower Hairline or Hair Grafts?

+1

Doing a row of hair grafts in the front may be a good solution.  This will give more bulk in the frontal area covering up the little tiny baby hairs.  I would recommend a hair transplant rather than trying to surgically adjust your hairline. 

Hairline lowering or hair grafts?

+1

If you rare happy with the rest of your hairline position and do not want it lowered grafts is what you should do by an experienced surgeon.