Fraxel Repair or Fraxel Restore for Surgery Scars?

Which is More Suitable for Surgery Scars Fraxel Restore or Repair Laser?

I have used both

+2

I think both work. The choice is based on skin type, scar severity, and if you can do several sessions or want one with much longer downtime. In general, I find it takes 3-6 Fraxel Restore to give the results of 1-2 fractional CO2 such as Fraxel Repair of Total FX. 

New Orleans Dermatologist

Fraxel Restore or Fraxel Repair for surgical scar revision

+2

Depending on the scar, either Fraxel Restore or Fraxel Repair, or both performed at different times, can be used.  For deeper scars Fraxel Repair might be done, then after enough weeks of healing, Fraxel Restore could begin.  On the other hand, a series of Fraxel Restore treatments can be done and if there's not enough improvement, then Fraxel Repair can be tried.  The above refers to facial scars as there is a risk that non-facial areas might scar from the Fraxel Repair.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fraxel for improving scars

+1

Whether you choose Fraxel re:store or re:pair depends on several factors.  Fraxel re:pair has a risk of scarring if used on areas other than the face, while raxel re:store is safe to use on any area.  Deeper scars with more texture irregularity may respond better to Fraxel re:pair, or at least would need fewer treatments.  With Fraxel re:store you need 4-6 treatments, whereas with the re:pair you may only need 1 or 2.

Jordana S. Gilman, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel repair for acne scars

+1

If you can afford the downtime, I would predict better results with the Fraxel repair for acne scarring.  Make sure you find someone in your area who has performed alot of fraxel repair procedures.

A. John Vartanian, MD
Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon