Am I Suitable for Umbilicoplasty? (photo)

Im 23 years old, healthy and have had 2 children naturally. Due to pregnancy my belly button is larger now and I have one stretch mark and loose skin above my belly button near my piercing. When I bend over the skin around my belly button wrinkles. I would like this removed and my belly button reshaped with minimal scaring. Would you recommend umbilicoplasty? Any advice would be appreciated.

Am I Suitable for Umbilicoplasty

+2

Whenever someone bends over, the skin of the abdomen will buckle and wrinkle some. Your navel looks so close to normal when you stand, that I would not encourage any surgery. The resulting scars I think will not justify any minimal improvement. I am not sure I can see the stretch mark in the photo, but it is unlikely that it will be removed by umbilicoplasty unless it is really small and close to the navel.

All the best. 

Umbilicoplasty scar may be unacceptable

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph. Your abdomen and your belly button look excellent considering that you have had children.

Any attempt at removing loose skin in the course of an umbilicoplasty in my experience creates an unacceptable visible scar.

You are one of the unusual cases that might benefit from laser treatment of your stretch mark and nonsurgical skin tightening with a combination of the 1540 fractional erbium non-ablative laser and the Lux IR deep skin tightening.

Laser liposuction would help with removing a small amount of fat and skin tightening but unfortunately any liposuction will make your stretch mark worse.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/stretch-marks-removal/stretch-marks-removal-with-new-fractional-laser-resurfacing-treatment/

Umbilicoplasty

+1

I believe this operation was poorly conceived and difficult to make look good. At best you will have a belly button looks disfigured and you will still have the excess skin and laxity of the abdomen.  I would avoid that surgery and hold off for a tummy tuck when you are ready. 

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1

If your objective is only a more attractive umbilicus, yes an umbilicoplasty certainly can help.  But if you are hoping that this procedure would improve your abdominal bulge, I am afraid it will not do that and you will need a tummy tuck for that to happen.  You need to make sure that your plastic surgeon is CERTIFIED BY THE AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY and can show you satisfactory samples of his/her work on the belly button.  There is no other credentialing in plastic surgery that is superior to ABPS certification or recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties for that matter.

Umbilicoplasty

+1

umbilicoplasty will not fix your issues.  if you are finished having children get a tummy tuck

Newark Plastic Surgeon

Time for belly button surgery?

+1

Thanks for your post and photos. It doesn't appear to me that the problem is bad enough to justify surgery at this time on your belly button. One day, you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.