Would I Be Suitable for Lipo or a Neck Lift to Give Definition Between my Chin and Neck Area? (photo)

Square on it does not look so bad but from angles, generally beneath my chin it it quite obvious that there is a lack of definition between my jawline and neck. I'm not sure if there is enough fat for liposuction as the muscle in the area seems to be low down and my neck glands become visible every time I swallow. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Chin Liposuction

+2
Chin Liposuction for the right person can make a tremendous difference. Look at the attached photo of the young man who experienced chin liposuction.
Some individuals have 'sagging' necks primarily due to fat accumulation below the jawbone (mandible). In some cases, liposuction alone can significantly improve the neck appearance. Liposuction is also frequently combined with surgical neck rejuvenation, and in selected cases some direct excision of fat (through a hidden incision below the chin) is performed. The reduction of fat in the area below the jawline and in the anterior neck almost always makes the neck appear longer, and makes the patient's profile appear more elegant or refined.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Chin definition and glands

+1

neck pio may be helpful. But an exam is required because there are salivary glands (sub mandibular) that can  droop. Not every surgeon will elevate the gland. Physical exam for you is absolutely key. 

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Chin and neck liposuction + Ultherapy in Los Angeles

+1

Neck liposuction combined with Ultherapy to the upper neck may help shape your neckline and jowls. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Liposuction or neck lift?

+1

At a young age, you have great skin elasticity. This makes you a great candidate for liposuction of the submental/jowl area. This is generally a simple procedure that can yield a fantastic result for the right patient. I would recommend visiting a board certified facial plastic surgeon. He/she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Submental Liposuction

+1

Submental liposuction produces some contour improvement which would be appropriate for you.It is important that you understand and are comfortable with the limitations of the procedure..

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Chin Liposuction or Neck Lift

+1

In a young person such as you, submental liposuction may be appropriate, but a physical exam would be necessary to determine if there is a supraplatysmal fat collection amenable to liposuction.  Second, you have very little excess in this area anyway, and the results will be subtle.  Also, it will be helpful to assess bony and muscle contours from the profile view.  If you do have subplatysmal fat, I would leave it alone at your age.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Neck liposuction vs neck lift

+1

It is difficult to tell from the photos, but if all of the fat present is submental fat, simple liposuction will suffice.  If the fatty deposits are below the platysma muscle, then a neck lift will be needed.  

Submental Liposuction for Improved Chin-Neck Definition

+1

Your only option would be submental liposuction which will produce a mild skin tightening effect and some subtle contouring. You certainly do not need any more than that. Whether that would produce enough of an effect can not be determined without seeing a side profile picture.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Laser submental liposuction would be best.

+1

You are too young and your neck is not saggy enough to need a neck lift.  However you can have a nice improvement with submental liposuction.  Laser liposuction seems to work the best for the neck as there is a little skin tightening and also it seems to define the neck the best.

Best regards,

Dr. Lane Smith

Lane Smith, MD

Neck liposuction is likely to be very helpful.

+1

Neck liposuction should also include the lower portion of the face.  It is not really a neck lift but your neck will look much better.  The procedure is very comfortable.  You do not need general anesthesia.  The procedure can be performed under local anesthesia.  Many of my patients have the procedure on a Thursday or Friday and are back at work on Monday and no one knows they just had a procedure.