Am I Suitable For Hairline Lowering Surgery? (photo)

i'm a 28 year old male and i've had a high hairline since birth. i've not had any hairloss and there is no history of male baldness in my family. i would like to have hairline lowering/scalp advancement surgery to lower my hairline by at least 1 inch. i'd prefer this surgery to a hair transplant because of the more instant result and density. attached photos. would i be suitable for this surgery? can you recommend any surgeons in thailand or nearby as i will be there all summer. thanks :)

HAIRLINE

+1

Good candidate and I am sure many surgeons in your area can do this for you. Just remember that big scar may be noticeable if you go bald or shave your head later in life.

Hairline Lowering in 28 Year Old Male

+1

Hairline lowering can be done in a young male with no personal or family history of male pattern baldness. I have done this on several occasions. However, the patient must be willing to accept the fact that hair loss is possible later in life and hair replacement surgery would be necessary to hide the exposed incision from the hairline lowering.

Hairline lowering in young males

+1

If you are not balding and thick hair throughout  life is a family trait amongst the males, you might be a good candidate for lowering the hairline. The scar is rarely a problem in my experience. Potential balding could be a problem that could be treated ny hair transplants later in life. Certainly the results are near instantaneous and give unmatched density.

The only hairline lowering case I saw from a doctor in Thailand was one with complications. I could, however,  recommend an excellent follicular unit grafting doctor in Bangkok, Dr. Pathamvonich.

Whether or not you are a good candidate for any of these procedures has to be dtermined by an examination. Scalp laxity is the key selection factor for hairline lowering.   

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is possible, but...

+1

Lowering your hairline is possible via a trichophytic incision. This means the incision is made right at the hairline and through the hairline so that when the incision heals, there will be growth of hair through the scar to camouflage it even better.

Having said that, you have to realize that every incision will heal with a scar, and considering that you brush your hair back, with that hairstyle, no matter how good the incision is and how well it is camouflaged by hair, it will still be visible.

In addition, as a male, you have the risk of losing your hair as you age [even if your family history doesn't]. This will leave you with a very obvious scar across the width of your forehead.

In all honesty, if you were my patient, I would recommend hair transplantation. Much less risky a proposition.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

I would be oh so careful in having surgery outside the country.

+1

If you have a surgical complication, who will take care of you?  If you have done your homework you know that only a small number of surgeon are really performing enough hair flap surgeries to be considered true experts.  Fleming in Beverly HIlls and Kabaker in Oakland come to mind.  There are others of course.  Good luck and stay safe.