Would I be suitable for a facelift or botox? (Photo)

I am 30 years old and cannot bare the creases in the photo. I feel like i am ageing fast for my age.

Is Botox right for me?

+1
The creases that you are referring to are dynamic wrinkle lines that occur from facial expression. These are typically best treated with Botox. It is very unusual that a facelift is necessary or effective in a 30 year old.

Would I be a candidate for facelift or Botox?

+1
In general, dynamic lines that result from facial contractions are best treated with Botox or Dysport. A facelift will address loose skin, and is not necessary in your case. I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. They are all great choices and will be able to advise you following an in-person exam. I hope this helps and best of luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Dynamic lines or wrinkles are best treated with Botox not a facelift

+1

Thank you for your question.  Dynamic wrinkles and deep lines in the for head and around the eyes are best treated with Botox.  The facelift will not correct dynamic lines that occur with facial contractions such as smiling frowning and raising for head.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Facial Wrinkles at Age 30

+1

Although a facelift is one of the most powerful facial rejuvenation procedures, I would not recommend it for you. 

What you are demonstrating are dynamic wrinkles when you smile best addressed initially with injectables. Dysport or Botox can improve the crow's feet around your eyes; injectable fillers can diminish the lines and folds of the lower cheeks. 

See an experienced facial specialist for examination and recommendations.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't jump the gun with a facelift

+1
Crow's feet - the lines around your eyes - are also referred to as "smile lines".  In a 30 year old, Botox is a great choice to soften those lines.  I would avoid surgery unless it is the only way to accomplish your goals.
As important, though, is good skin care.  Sunscreen (SPF 30 or greater), daily moisturizer, and even a routine, light chemical peel or superficial laser treatment can keep your skin healthy, tight, and keep those fine lines at bay!

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

Before you get a facelift...

+1
I think that these dynamic lines ( seen in motion, not at rest) could just mean that you are a person who smiles a lot, which is a good thing! Seriously, get Botox if you want to relax these "wrinkles" . Save the facelift for a later day ( or never). Use sunscreen and don't smoke if you want to look as smooth as you can for as long as you can. Don't stop smiling though.....

Hope this helps you!

Beverly Johnson, MD
Washington DC Dermatologist