Am I Suitable for Male Chest Reduction? (photo)

Hi, I lost about 75lbs the last year, the results are great but Im still unhappy with my chest. From your impression, I have gynecomastia or its just a fat with loose skin(look at the scretch marks, especially below the chest) What is the most suitable surgery for me? Thanks!

Male breast fat may just require liposuction...Excess male breast skin requires skin reduction...

+1

Congratulations on your massive weight loss. You should be very proud of your accomplishment. 

Excess male chest and breast skin is not uncommon after massive weight loss.  Some patients are left with excess fat that does not go away with diet and exercise while other patients are left with a significant amount of male breast skin.  If you have excess male breast fat, you may just require liposuction.  If you have excess male breast skin you will probably require a skin reduction.  If you have both, you will probably require direct excision of skin and liposuction.

Based on your pictures, I think you could probably get by with just liposuction.  I believe, based on your pictures and history, that your breast skin will shrink wrap around your chest once the fat is removed.  Typically, this liposuction can be performed by a small incision in the armpit or underneath the breast. 

Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Thank you,

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Am I Suitable for Male Chest Reduction?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. Yes a liposuction with possible areolar breast bud excision is an option. Without an in person examination very hard to advise. Seek boarded PSs in your city. I prefer Smart Lipo TRIPLEX +lipo. Best to you

Gynecomastia after weight loss

+1

Very difficult pictures to work from but here are some general concepts. There is no reason not to go ahead and try the surgery as long as your expectations are realistic. What your doctor will not be able to tell you is how much skin shrinkage will take place given your history of extreme weight loss. There is usually a lot more shrinkage then you would think. Give it a full year after the surgery and see how things do before considering any form of skin removal.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon