Do you think I'm a suitable candidate for Rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I am very self concious about my nose, and have been looking to have this procedure done for a long time. I am hoping this will fix my issue, but just want assurance from a medical professional that I am taking the right route. My main issues with my nose is that it kind of curves at the end and droops, I also dislike the fact that it is not completely straight, and perhaps would like if there was a slight curve in my bridge. I don't mind the front view, However, the profile really bothers me.

Rhinoplasty Surgery Candidate

+2
First of all, you will need a thorough evaluation by a rhinoplasty surgeon in order to fully assess your areas of concern.  From what you describe and the limited photographic views, it does appear that you may be a good candidate for Rhinoplasty to enhance your profile. The curve and droop that you speak about is called tip ptosis. Reducing the bridge of your nose and lifting the nasal tip is certainly possible and likely will give you what you are looking for.

Be sure to find a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon that specializes in Rhinoplasty surgery.  Look at enough before and after photos to make you comfortable that they can achieve the results you are looking for. 

Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Suitable candidate for a Rhinoplasty?

+2
The areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an expert artistic plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you and your parents may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. If you live outside of the United States, the surgeon should ideally be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Do you think I'm a suitable candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+2
Hi and thanks for your question. You are a very good candidate for a rhinoplasty. You have a nice strong chin with excellent bone structure but your nose seems a bit too long, has a hump and a downward tip.

I am certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and have practiced in Miamifor the past 29 years. I encourage you to look up the surgeon you eventually select and make sure they have years of experience in performing rhinoplasties. What good is it to have a great looking nose if you have trouble breathing afterwards because the function has been affected?  Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthsiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

I wish you the best on your journey. I hope that the info provided has been helpful. Should you require any further clarification, do not hesitate to contact our institute. We are one of only a few in South Florida that employ a web based program called TouchMD. Through this program potential patients of our institute can upload their photos. I then review each and everyone, draw my recommendations on your actual picture. This info is made available to you with the use of a private password that only you will have. TouchMD is private and follows all applicable privacy laws (HIPPA). I answer all questions personally, not through patient coordinators or other marketing individuals. Good Luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Rhinoplasty Candidate?

+2
You are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty and your critique is reasonable. Select an experienced surgeon who provides natural results.

Rhinoplasty

+2
After reviewing your photos, you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty. Reducing your cartilage, and creating a more refined profile will achieve your goals.  The final result in all rhinoplasty procedures is determined by the pre-operative condition and the application of standard rhinoplasty techniques. Keep in mind you must choose a highly qualified Plastic Surgeon in order optimize your result. 

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

+2
   The nose can be straightened and the droop, improved through a closed rhinoplasty approach without visible scars.