Can Rhinoplasty and Turbinate Surgery Happen in One Session?

i want to go for rhinoplasty. i have allergic inferior turbinate hypertrophy. so i want to know that can rhinoplasty and turbinate surgery happen in one session. i am physically fit and i have o health problem.please help me

Rhinoplasty and Turbinate Surgery Simultaneously

+2

Not only can you do these procedures simultaneously it would be foolish to do them separately. Avoid 2 operations, 2 anesthetics , and 2 periods of recovery.

Can rhinoplasty and turbinate surgery happen in one session?

+1

Yes, you can have both rhinoplasty and turbinate surgery in the same session. I would recommend choosing a board certified and experienced surgeon who has great credentials, a good amount of before and after photos, and fantastic patient testimonials. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty and TurbinateSurgery

+1

You can definitely perform both a rhinoplsty and turbinate surgery at the same time. I would recommend it for you. One overall surgery, one anesthetic, one convalescence and less expensive.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Turbinoplasty and rhinoplasty

+1

The short answer to your question is that both procedures can be and are often safely done in conjunction with each other. In fact, sometimes this is even combined with a septoplasty to further improve breathing issues. Good luck.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Turbinate surgery and rhinoplasty

+1

Certainly turbinate surgery can be performed at the same time as a rhinoplasty.  They are combined frequently.

Absolutely

+1

For all of my rhinoplasty patients who also have inferior turbinate hypertrophy, I perform both surgeries at the same time. The recovery from the turbinate surgery is generally pretty easy and does not add to the recovery from nose surgery. I often will place a small pack (about 1.5 inches long) in each nostril for 1-2 days to help reduce any bleeding from the turbinate surgery. This may also be necessary for certain rhinoplasty patients, so there is really little difference in the recovery or risk of turbinate surgery with rhinoplasty.

Gregory J. Vipond, MD, FRCSC
Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Turbinate Reduction

+1

Both procedures could be done simultaneously and most surgeons would recommend you do both in the same setting.  Please consult with a board certified facial plastic specialist who can properly evaluate both the inside and outside of your nose and help you achieve the results you seek.  Depending on your insurance, it may cover a portion of your procedure.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty and simultaneous turbinate reduction

+1

Both procedures can be performed under one anesthetic at the same setting. Nasal obstruction caused by turbinate hypertrophy is a medical condition and the  turbinate surgery is billed to the patient's medical insurance for medical necessity. The rhinoplasty procedure is paid for by the patient since it is cosmetic in nature.

+1

Absolutely. These procedures are typically performed simultaneously for your convenience and to minimize your downtime, cost and number of anesthetic treatments. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Turbinate surgery at the same time

+1

Absolutely!  You can have rhinoplasty and turbinate surgery at the same time.  It makes sense to address your nose as a whole since its first function is to breathe and second function is to look good!  I would seek out a rhinoplasty surgeon that has experience with both functional and cosmetic surgery. 

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon