What to Do About Bad Body Image?

seems odd for me to ask this, but has anyone done something specific to boost self-esteem and stop hating their body. God gave me this body, so i should love it, right???

Find the strength to be happy with yourself. This means...

+3

Find the strength to be happy with yourself. This means being honest about personal strengths and weaknesses.

Cosmetic surgery cannot make someone a better person. At best it helps calm the waters we navigate through. Body and facial issues that create personal dissonance and dissatisfaction can be helped both by surgery and minimally invasive treatments like Botox and Restylane.

However, personal transformation by cosmetic surgery is more myth than reality. Yes, it can make a nice and a real difference but will a more youthful appearance or a correction of some flaw personally transform you? Honestly, the answer for most of us is no, not really.

Body Image

+2

Cosmetic Surgery is not a replacement for emotional and mental stability.  It can help provide you a boost to help you look and feel your best.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.