Anyone Have Suggestions What the Bubble Like Formation Is? Could This Be a Keloid? (photo)

7 weeks ago i had upper eyelid surgery . On one of my eyes a raised bubble like formation appeared right above my incision and at the very end of last stitch. My doctor told me a band was starting to form and to massage it for 4 weeks . I have massaged for 3 weeks with no change. Is this something that will go away with time?

Anyone Have Suggestions What the Bubble Like Formation Is? Could This Be a Keloid?

+1

It is common to see slight fullness or thickness at either end of the upper eyelid scar. This settles slowly over the months following surgery. Stay in touch with your surgeon and let him or her guide you. All the best.

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Not a keloid

+1

It is quite unusual to have keloid formation on the eyelids. This is just a slightly thicker than normal scar. Massaging is a good idea, and in time this will settle as the scar matures. Your surgeon could consider an injection of steroid/5FU.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Not an eyelid keloid

+1

This is not a keloid.  Keloids are extremely unusual on the eyelids.  It is most likely either swelling or an irritation from a suture.  

+1

Not a keloid but either a web formation or excess fat/skin medially. But over the internet can not tell exactly. Best to seek IN PERSON second opinions. 

Scar for upper blepharoplasty

+1

Dear Concerned60,

1. If that is scar tissue, it should respond to a steroid injection
  2. I would see him again this week for more advice
  3. If you aren't getting the answers or results you want, then you may want to see someone else for advice

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD