Do I Need a Breast Lift And/or Breast Implants? Looking for a Good Doctor.

I am about to have my third baby, i have always been unsatified with my breast. I'm doing my research and trying to figure out if this is what I want or not. I'm 23 going to be 24 in a few months with three kids and a great fiance. I want to do it for myself and no one else tho. My fiance loves me for me, and says i look fine. But i want to be satisfied with my body!! I'm the heaviest I have ever been in my hole life!! Hopeing I can lose most of my weight by the time I go in for a consult!!

Breast lift and/or breast implants

+2

Your research has paid off and you are taking an educated approach to plastic surgery. 

1. Breast Augmentation and mastoplexy (breast lift) will give you the best and longest lasting results after you have finished having your children

2. After having three pregnancies even though you are young, you probably need voth a mastopexty and aurgmentation.

3.  Yes, losing weight prior to surgery is ideal as the surgeon ill be better able to judge your  ideal  breast size. The correct sugical procedure will then be selected. 

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lifting and Augmentation?

+2

I think you are going about things correctly.

First off, you are self motivated and contemplating surgery for the “right reasons”.

Second, you are planning on having the surgery after completing pregnancies;  this will help negate the need for further surgery based on post-pregnancy changes.

Thirdly, you are planning on dropping weight prior to surgery;  again, this will minimize chances that further surgery will be necessary in the future based on weight gain/loss issues.

At some point, preferably at least 3 months after completion of breast-feeding and when you have reached a long-term stable weight, you should seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Check with the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and/or  and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for appropriate training and credentials.  Then, make sure you see lots of examples of the surgeons work in pictures ( better yet meet with patients who have had similar procedures).

Find a good doctor first

+1
  • Most women who have had three pregnancies and who have breast fed will need an augmentation/mastopexy, which is an operation combining the placement of a breast implant with a breastlift.  Of course without seeing pictures or examining you it is impossible to say for sure if that is the correct operation for you.  You should get recommendations from your friends and family and from your physicians to help find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.
  • At your consultation you will have an examination and your doctor will be able to tell you if you are a candidate for a breast augmentation alone or if you need a breastlift as well.  Some surgeons do not perform the combined procedure.  Instead, they will perform each operation separately.  I have found that most women in my practice prefer to have one procedure and for that reason I perform the combined operation.

• I think the happiest patients have the surgery for themselves, which is the case with you.  I do think having a supportive family is very helpful.  Everyone involved should be “onboard” and agreeable with the procedure and they should know what to expect in both the short term and the long term.
  • While the breast augmentation is essentially performed the same way by most surgeons there is a choice of saline vs silicone implants.  That is a discussion you will have with your doctor.  Most of my patients prefer silicone.  The breastlift can be performed several different ways.  Most of the time there will be a scar completely around the areola, which is reduced in size and elevated and also a vertical scar extending from the areolar to the fold under the breast.  There may be a scar in the fold as well.

• I think you will be happiest if you are at or close to your ideal body weight before having the operation.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift and/or implants

+1

The easiest way to answer this question is to start by asking yourself "Am I happy with my breast size with a non-padded bra?"  If the answer to this question is yes, then a breast lift alone will achieve your goals.  If the answer is no, or "I would like to be a little fuller" then you will need breast implants.  Breast augmentation can be combined with breast lift when the breasts are small and there is sagging.

Andrew P. Giacobbe, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

A breast lift may be required with implants to give a greast result

+1

In order to lift the breasts and give them more volume, implants may be required.  It's hard to determine this without actually seeing you, but it's great that you're ready to go to some consultations.  Make sure your plastic surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and discuss the different types of lifts (periareolar, vertical, and Wise pattern) before making a final decision about whether or not you need a lift.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation after Childbirth

+1

Breast changes after childbirth can vary widely, and are also affected by whether or not you breast feed and experience weight changes during and after your pregnancy. Changes occur in the amount and position of breast tissue and fat, and in the quality of the skin.

It is best to wait for six months following childbirth, breast feeding, or weight loss before seeking a consultation for breast augmantation. Your breasts will be much more stable for assessment.

The need to add mastopexy to augmentation depends on your anatomy and skin quality. Breast lift will tighten the breast skin envelope and raise the nipple areola complex. Placing too large an implant may stretch skin further and damage the breast tissue. If you skin has good elasticity, this may not be necessary. Many moms have been improved with augmentation alone.

Once you are stable, seek consultation with a plastic surgeon who has experience with pst-partum breast surgery. The results are very rewarding.

Karen Vaniver, MD

Do I Need a Breast Lift And/or Breast Implants?

+1

Any person who is contemplating elective surgery, especially cosmetic procedures must first take the time to ensure that they are comfortable with their decisions and eventually their surgeons.  You seem to have the right mindset and attitude in making your decision.  In creating, and restoring the aesthetic shape, size, symmetry and sensuality of the breasts, a breast lift, and or breast augmentation will achieve those results.  Ideally having a cosmetic procedure will allow for maximum results if performed when you have reached your ideal weight.  I agree that your decision should stem from your desire to improve the appearance of your breasts and not outside factors. 

John G. Apostolides, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1

Strictly speaking, no one really "needs" any cosmetic surgery such as a Breast lift, Breast Augmentation, Tummy Tuck, Facelift, Liposuction etc. These are "I want" NOT "I need" operations.

The time to evaulate you and see which cosmetic operation may best bring you to your cosmetic goals should best be done when have completed your family and your breasts have stopped producing milk for 4-6 months. At that time your breasts would have reached their steady state and your surgeon will have a good idea of size and location. If your breasts are full but sagging a Breast Lift may be your best alternative. If they are both sagging and deflated a combined augmentation and lift may be the way to go.

Good Luck.

Breast lift and or augmentation

+1

first you should decide if you are having more children.. I would consider waiting unless it is going to be years.

You can read about lifts and implants on the website for American Society for Plastic Surgery. I have a great amount of information on my website as well.

A lift will keep your breasts the same cup size . an implant will make them bigger but won t help sagging

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

If you are not planning opn havingm ore kids, then this may be a good time for you to have a consultation and be evaluated for the potential procedures that you want.