Suggestions for enhancing thighs and buttocks. Would love some definition in rear.

I am 5'3" and weigh 110 pounds, with a body fat of 19%. Three years ago, I lost 81 pounds through diet and exercise (walking and Pilates). Five weeks ago, I had a tummy tuck, breast lift, breast augmentation, and thigh lift. I am extremely happy with my new tummy and perky breasts, but not my thighs and buttocks. They look the same, with exception to very painful incisions in my groin crease. Do you have any suggestions for enhancing my thighs and buttocks? Thank you.

Buttock/thigh enhancement

+2

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.

Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you purposely gain weight (i.e. fat) for the procedure, the fat you lose first as you get back to your baseline weight is that very same fat that was transferred into your buttock...so don't fall victim to this recommendation.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This is even more likely to happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflammation and a subsequent disastrous amount of scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a 2 inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure (in fact both implants and fat transfer so that s/he is not bias). And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%. Glad to help.

Depending upon the amount of your current fat reserves and their distribution, you may or may not be a reasonable candidate for fat transfer.  If you are wanting to utilize the fat to further augment your buttock in addition to implants, then I caution you against this.  The reason being that the fat needs to be placed into the buttock muscles for optimal survival, however, this is exactly where the implant needs to reside and thus risks infection and/or death of the fat.  Because of this risk, I frequently avoid fat grafting into a buttock that has an implant.  Bottom line, I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon specialist in buttock augmentation (BOTH implants and fat transfer) to determine what option is best for you.  Glad to help. 

+1
A Brazilian Butt Lift procedure could help you achieve the look you are going for but it is difficult to say for certain without photos or a personal consultation. I suggest getting an in person consultation from a board-certified plastic surgeon for the best advice. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

+1
Thank you for your question .

You are looking for a brazilian butt lift.

Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Thighs and buttocks

+1
Without an exam or even photos, it is difficult to suggest anything to you.  Post photos and then we can comment. Best of luck.

+1
   If you provide pictures either here or submit them through email, I would be able to offer some recommendations.