Suggestions for an asymmetric and crooked nose? (photo)

My nose is slightly crooked (to the right) so it looks different from different angels. In some angles it looks like I have a bump on my nose. I also think it's too wide and bulbous. It is hereditary and I also have some facial asymmetry which could be the cause. Is it possible to fix? If so, what should be corrected for the best result? I'm planning on getting it done when I'm about 18.5 years old, will that be a problem? Can you tell if my skin is thick or thin?

Rhinoplasty candidate for bulbous tip and crooked nose

+1
 There are several issues  that can make the nose have a crooked appearance such as a nasal fracture,  asymmetrical upper lateral cartilages or the nasal hump is higher on one side of the bridge than the other. All this can be addressed through the rhinoplasty procedure which will includes shaving down the hump and osteotomies to narrow and straighten the nasal bones. The bulbous tip can also be addressed at the same time with a tip rhinoplasty. Computer imaging is also an excellent way to give an idea of the anticipated results prior to undergoing the procedure.

Facial and nose asymmetry, wide nasal tip and bony pyramid

+1
Yes at 18.5 years you can have a rhinoplasty. You with your surgeon should get imaged so that both of you know exactly what the goals of surgery are. See a surgeon who specializes in noses and face.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
It appears from your limited photos that your concerns can be addressed and improved.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging will also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important tool to communicate with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Options for correcting and asymmetric nose

+1
Thank you for your question.  I agree that you have and attractive face and nose.  It is very common especially with deviated nasal septum and slightly deviated nasal bones for the nose to look very different at different angles.

Typically a septoplasty and osteoplastic rhinoplasty can correct these minor deformities.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty options

+1
I'm getting a little confused with all of your "angles". The bottom line is that you have a very attractive face and some very nice aspects about your nose that will lend itself to getting an excellent result. Age 18.5 is fine for surgery. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Suggestions for an asymmetric and crooked nose?

+1
I do not see much to change, but some subtle changes could be considered.