What Would be the Cost to Restore Hairline?

Hi, I'm 24 years old and suffering hair loss problem since i was 18.I was able to maintain my hairline till 22 but suddenly last year i cud see a very rapid thinning & ve lost more hair in the frontal area.if the hair at the back of your head is genetically molded not to fall, is there a way wherein it could be restructured from crown area till the frontal to get hairline corrected and have thinning rectified despite having a thinning hair on those regions. In this case wat wud be the cost..?

Hair Restoration Treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia

+2

From your description, it sounds like you are experiencing androgenetic alopecia (AGA, male pattern balding).  You are likely a candidate for hair restoration surgery (hair transplantation) and I recommend that you consult a board-certified dermatologist with extensive experience with hair restoration.  The cost of hair transplantation will depend on your clinical exam (the amount of loss) and your desired outcome. Typically donor hair is taken from the back of the scalp and transplanted to the areas of loss which are typically over the frontal aspect of the scalp and the crown.  There are also other treatment options (ie. Rogaine, Propecia) which are effective for AGA which you doctor can discuss with you as well. 

Hairloss in young males.

+2

This can be treated with the Fleming-Mayer Flap or hair transplants IF you have enough hair that is programmed not to fall out. The balding you have in the future can be extensive. See an experienced hair surgeon to give you the pros/cons of BOTH methods and tell you if you are a good candidate for surgery.

Cost to Restore Hairline

+1

Hair transplant surgeons usually charge by the graft, which can be anywhere from $5 - $12 each. Some charge by the hour, which also varies greatly. But in truth, the cost to restore your hairline will depends on a few factors:

• How many grafts you will need (the severity of your hair loss)
  • How much density you desire
  • The technique of choice
  • The surgeon of choice

It sounds like you're suffering male pattern baldness. You were wise to wait until the age of 24 to pursue hair transplant, as being too young (and impatient) could actually prove detrimental in the long run due to the progressive nature of the condition.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon