Suggestion on Cc and Profile for 34Acup/140lb/5'5 Please?

Hello, I'm 21 yrs/0 kids/34Acup/5'5/140 lbs. I went to my consultation today and my PS measu,red my right breast N-IM is 7.5 in, and 14 in, SN-N 20 in, BBW 0.5. Left breast SN-N 8 in, BBW 1 in. I tried on sizers and liked the look at 550-600 cc range. He suggested moderate profile. I going saline & under muscle. I want cleavage & side boob. What size would be pushing it & too big? What is the minimum cc to achieve full D or double D cup & what profile would be good for me? Thanks in advance!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Implant and cup size

+1

If you are size 34 A each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  A 600 cc implant would take you up to size G.  I doubt that this implant would fit underneath the muscle.  Also, since you are very thin the implant would be palpable.  Saline implants will often ripple, particularly on someone with an implant that large.  I recommend a smaller implant (300 cc) placed retro-pectoral.  Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs.  It is possible that you may benefit from a lift procedure at the same time if you have any drooping or asymmetry.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Starting with cc's and working backwards

+1

I would kindly advise that you (and perhaps your plastic surgeon) are going about this the wrong way by starting from cc's and working backwards as well as the use of external sizers and the apparent notion that one can pick a breast size and shape and achieve it with the right number of cc's. 

Implants are properly sized to fit like pillow behind the breast sort of like a foot is fit to a shoe. The diameter (and height for round implants) is determined by the internal width of your breast. This will make your cleavage steeper but not bring your breasts closer together or extend the side. The forward profile volume (low, medium, Moderate Plus, or high) in saline-filled implants will increase you from one to two cup sizes from where you started. That's about as close as it can be determined since there is no exact measure of breast size or bra cup size. The number of cc's is whatever the width of your breast calls for along with the choice of the forward profile. Your breast should look like your breast with its characteristics but 1-2 cup sizes larger. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Size and style of implants

+1

Your body had to be able to handle the dimensions of the implant and you have to really like the look of what you had when you had your sizers in.  I will counsel my patients to back off if their look borders on excessive and the cup size is not discussed as I cannot determine what cup size you will be from the sizer... its simply a look that my patients are going for.  The style of implant is selected according to the dimensions of your breasts and chest.  If you are thin, gel implants will be recommended or you can expect rippling with saline implants (unless they are those double lumen saline implants - Ideal).  Make sure you like the look the sizers gave you and that it didn't make you look top heavy.

Curtis Wong, MD

Suggestion on Cc and Profile

+1

Without some photos I find it not helpful to make the kind of suggestions you ask. Even with photos, those decisions can be made properly only in the setting of an in person consultation. 

Of the data you offer, I am not sure that there is a breast width included. This is an important dimension, and most surgeons will not recommend using an implant wider than the patient's own breast. The highest profile implant in the size range you discuss is above 13 cm, and that is wider than most women's breasts.The moderate profile implant is still wider. It is quite unlikely that you will have a natural appearance with an implant of that size.

Please consider posting photos and a breast width measurement. Thanks for your question, all the best. 

Implant choices

+1

It is best to be seen in person, to be properly examined, and for your goals to be addressed in order to choose the right implant for you.

IMPLANT SIZE AND PROFILE

+1

Without photos and a personal exam it is difficult to give you specific comments.  From the measurements you provided, the implant size and proflie sounds appropriate. If you are unsure it does not hurt to get a second opinion,

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

A to D cup: What Size Implants

+1

In general, increasing one cup size requires 200 cc to 250 cc.  To get to a full D, you would probably need 600 cc.  If you like lateral fullness, you are likely going to get it, even with a high profile implant.   Seek a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Despite providing good pictures and  precise body measurements, it is not possible to provide you with precise advice online.
 When it comes to selection of the “best” breast implant size/profile to meet patient's goals, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.