Suggested Settings for the LightSheerDuet for Fitzpatrick Skin Type 3?

It would be nice to have an idea of the general guidelines or range (fluence/pulse duration/No. of pulses) per skin type (Fitzpatrick skin type I to V)to make sure you are not getting ripped off as a custumer... My friend was treated with a 10J/cm2 + 20 or 25ms and she is not as dark as I am (My skin type is III)... I ma no doctor but I am pretty sure she will not get any result with that... Thank you for clarifying... :-)

Laser hair removal setting

+2

the best thing to do is to have a test area done by your doctor. This way you can make sure you don't get hyperpigmentation.

Light shear

+2

The setting on the laser is NOT YOURS. It is for the DOCTOR. If it is a technician  that is administerng the treatment, find a doctor who will give you the time and a good result.

Settings are dependat on skin type and hair characteristics, and color

Discuss these settings with your provider

+1

It is very important to do a test spot first. You also have to take into consideration the density of the hair, whether it coarse or not. For thicker hair I would use 100ms and 23-25J or if the hair is thin 30ms, 20-23J. Watching the skin reaction and patient’s feedback will help determine the right setting as well. However please review these guidelines with your provider - only direct consultation can determine what settings should be used

Setting For Laser Hair Removal

+1

Every state has it;s own laws on who can perform light based treatments. If your technician is reputable and you are seeing results then everything is working as it should.  Per Ohio laws, we have a Cosmetic Therapist who has 25 years of hair removal experience. She has been trained to perform laser hair removal. You and your friend may not need the same settings. Trust in your provider to do what is best. The goal is to removal your unwanted hair and your reputable technician will be as concerned as you are with the results, after all. his/her reputation is at stake!

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon