Can someone suggest the best method to remove some minor acne scarring I have near my temple region? (photo)

Never suffered from bad cystic acne and don't have any other scarring anywhere else on my face, except for the scarring in the picture.

Acne scarring treatment suggestions

+2
Hi Carl,
In my practice, I would certainly consider non-ablative fractional (FR) laser treatment for these scars. If you did not have bad acne, but still got these scars, you do have to ask yourself why this should have been. You can develop scars for two main reasons: either bad acne or bad healing. Assuming, from your history, you do not have that great healing, any treatment technique needs to be non-aggressive for fear that you might actually make the scarring worse. Hence my thought that the FR treatment would be the one to consider here. I would even be tempted to do a small test area first, see how your response went and then treat more fully on a subsequent visit once confident that you responded as I would like to this modality of treatment performing. The alternative technique would be to consider dermastamp, which is like dermaroller but a smaller localised scar targeting device, which produces tiny pinprick traumas to the skin to entice a wound healing response, not dissimilar to the FR treatment above, ultimately hoping to bring about an improvement in your skin textural qualities. Choice depends on who you see as much as the costs for the treatment that suits your budget. Good luck!

London Dermatologist

Acne Scars and Treatments

+1
The photo of the scars helps in your treatment.  The two best lasers that I have found for these scars are the Fraxel Dual (1550) and the Ematrix.  Both lasers are well equipped to heat the skin and provide the heat necessary to repair those scars.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience in cosmetic dermatology for the best results.

Michele S. Green, MD